Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Lifetime Subscription to TRJ - $200!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 3, 2015.

1. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I saw that, and I thought to myself "I just bought that Alliance Membership/TRJ Subscription bundle, didn't I?"

Perhaps if they ever offer it again in the future..

2. Guess I shouldn't have put them on my stop sending me emails list ... finally something I would have gone for lol, oh well =)

3. I Didn't see the email until sold out. Being in Australia & a different time zone was the reason.
    Ryan, are RJ doing another lot do you know?
    Thanks

4. ...and that's how you get 100g's in short order!..an excellent product will sell itself!....sorry I missed out, but I'll buy it forever.

5. I was able to jump on it and look forward to not worrying about renewals and the goodies that come with the lifetime deal.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. acme30

acme30
    from Australia

Not happy Jan - I have them all the way back to number 1 and I am a subscriber but never got the email :(

7. A Boner

A Boner

Whose lifetime?

8. My point exactly.

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

More are coming... Be ready.... This Wednesday at 8am on the west coast.

Dean Lowe likes this.
  10. elgringo71

elgringo71

Bumping this for those that missed out the first time. I was one of the lucky ones

11. Next try on Wednesday, 06/10/2015 at 8 a.m. on the West Coast for those of us who missed out on the first run.. Another 400 Lifetime Subscriptions on offer

12. When does daylight saving start in California?...........do I get up at 2am or 3am?.......choices, choices.......andyd

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Andy dodge it is currently 07:24 am west coast time and daylight savings time is in effect. you can calculate the difference. This post is 7 minutes after your post #42.

I lucked out and was one of those who left a message before 09:30 last time and got an email that we would get a call back.
    After a bit of phone tag and a some extra effort by the young lady on the front desk I got my order in.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  14. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

15. sponge

sponge
    from Austin tx

Website is working again as of 2 mins ago.

16. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

I called in website was acting goofy and kept doing a 2 mi ute countdown

17. gotit

gotit

What a pain in the ass. I kept getting the website saying more time and then it said sold out. I was diligent as hell and kept calling till I finally got thru. I was bummed I didn't see it last time until after and made sure I was on it this morning.

Dean Lowe likes this.
  18. I started calling at 8:01. Hit redial every 15 seconds for 45 minutes, never got through. When I finally did, I got "mailbox is full". Never got the online ordering working. :mad:

19. Ima dope, forgot all about the second chance offer =)

20. bucketmouth

bucketmouth
    from Australia

Forgive me for being cynical but with all the happenings with other mags I hope they aren't in trouble.
    I hope not because it is a excellent publication and hopefully it will continue on forever.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  21. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Quite possibly one of the worst run and thought out subscription campaigns ever . It was a nice thought that went in the toilet .

primed34 and Dean Lowe like this.
  22. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Curious. How would you have done I differently?

Couple of things to keep in mind:

1. Upgrading servers for a day they had no idea was coming would have taken thousands and thousands of dollars.

2. Very few 21 year old companies have perfect historical customer data.

23. brady1929

brady1929

I tried for an hour with no luck. Insert frown face here.

24. Swede64

Swede64

I tried right from the start with no luck. Not a happy camper at that time. Shrugged it off and then an hour later I got a feeling I should try again
    Jackpot.
    I guess it not all good publicity when you got a limited offer that a lot of people want. I was on both sides of the fence so I know the feeling. I just hope as many as possible support this quality publication. ThanksTRJ.

25. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

I called dozens of times. Finally left a message. Them called two or three more times and couldn't believe I got a actual person on the line. Talk about relieved. Hopefully they continue for at least another three or four years. That should pay off the cost of the $200. Anymore than that is a bonus. Wish I could have done this year's ago. I have had a subscription since issue five. And if they fold who cares I still got a t shirt and a timing tag.

Long Live The Rodders Journal

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

26. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Thank you for asking . While there are probably several different ways, the one that I think might work well and upset the least amount of readers would be this approach . Go back in the records to the beginning to see how many of the original subscribers in the first 3 months ( this time frame could change with the number of lifetime subscriptions that you want to make available ) . See how many have continued to support the magazine and reward those for their long standing commitment . that would serve as an example to the rest of the subscribers that the publishers appreciate consistency . Another thing to consider is that anyone that has had a subscription for the 21 years the company has operated is probably not that young , and that their lifetime subscriptions would probably be not as long as someone in their 20's and that in itself could save considerable money in the long run . If you ran this campaign on a regular basis every year advancing the numbers on a protracted schedule a new subscriber would see that there is a reward for their extended commitment to an appreciating company . While this is just an outline , I believe that with some thought and planning TRJ could accomplish what they intended without an out of control cattle call . One final note , I do commend TRJ on what was a well intended and thoughtful offer .

verde742 and primed34 like this.
  27. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

My self , I received the email about the lifetime subscription going on sale
    Wednesday 10th !! !!
    Two days in advance , I live on East Coast , I am up all Night , I went to bed @ 8Am Wensday morning , I set my Alarm for 10:50 Am ,
    @ 11:00 est I stared calling all 3 #s , 2 USA & Canadian # And I was longed in on to Web site , For over 45 mints straight , I was using my landline , cell phone and computer to try to get through , !!!
    I don't understand how some are upset with Ryan or Rodders Journal ,
    How was this any different , Like calling in to a Radio station , For tickets for what ever
    To the First 200 people to get threw!!!! , I do not know why Some think that it WASN'T fair to All , all over the WOLD , It was a Roll of the Dice !!!! A Chance ,

28. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

I missed out on the first round, since I more or less ignore emails from TRJ. By the time I figured it out, I was a half hour late and sadly disappointed. I was on a 'high' after scoring a shift knob a few weeks previously and I guess my luck ran out :). I was happy to see round two on Wed. I was at my computer and phone frustrated like everyone else... spent an hour assuming the website crashed and 1000 people were trying to call in with perhaps only a few manning the phone lines. Out of frustration, went out to work on my car.... came back a half hour later and scored on the membership on line :) . Out of curiosity, I saw the link was still active for a hour after that as well..... then it sold out. Its all about the timing. Thanks TRJ !

29. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Some of y'all need a chill pill..

Speedy Canuck and LOST ANGEL like this.
  30. verde742

verde742

Very well thought out and expressed, I have everyone and many duplicates because of late delivery, and I live sorta close to So-Cal Az. didn't want to miss one, bot !! got home , damn there is was.. suddently two, with different cover, but same contents. 71 years old, how many "lifetimes do I get?"
    I will sell all mine for 1/2 retail cover price....perfect shape, all.
    I remember years ago, getting burned by Tex Smith, when he was selling subscriptions to one of the best mags of the times. I drove to his house in Idaho, chewed his ass , he handed me a bunch of special books, some I have never opened. Some referred to him as a Hot Rod Hero.