Register now to get rid of these ads!

History SCTA Vintage Photo Album

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Jive-Bomber, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

SCTA Vintage Photo Album

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

harpo1313 likes this.
  2. Awesome pics!

3. sdroadster

sdroadster

I'm already doing a nut and bolt inspection. I've changed the gears to a 2.75 locker, and am inspecting the front wheel bearings today. In 2013 we had a 221.581 mph run on the long course, then the motor started acting up. The more we fixed it, the slower it went... It turned out the button that keeps the roller cam from walking went away. As the cam walked, the timing retarded, and the motor lost power. Now we have a Jessel belt drive. That design locks the cam in place, so there's no chance of lateral movement. The Studebaker is a homebuilt car on a S10 chassis, with a retired SBC circle track engine. I still build hot rods, but at 68 years old this Studie is a hell of a ride. Now if the rain gods can just hold off...

neverdun and Roadsir like this.
  4. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Current report is water on the salt,, which is normal for this time of the year. Also wet salt means less presure ridges.I have only been going a few years (off and on from 92 - 98 then every year after). I hope that in 25 years some of my images will be part of the history

5. seatex

seatex

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the smell of salt, alcohol, and nitro in the air.......the wind upon your face, the sunburn up your nose and upon your nuts.............yes. BONNEVILLE. It's a whole 'nuther place!

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

7. oldcargary

oldcargary
    from devore, Ca

El Mirage season opener was rained out (drought in California), but season will open June 13 and 14 as a two day meet. Not as awesome as Bonneville, but still very cool......

8. catdad49

catdad49

Thanks Bomber. Remember when HOT ROD used to have a Bonneville issue. Always one of my favorites!!

9. TRJ did an excellent B-Ville article/photo album a few years back Old or even new B-Ville pics are just cool. The way the light plays off the sand makes for good opportunities with a lens. Well that and it is meca. ;)

10. C'mon Beaner, there's no sand at Bonneville. Lately there's been some mud, but no sand.

Mick

302GMC likes this.
  11. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks for the kind words, @porknbeaner . We ran a collection of vintage and contemporary Bonneville photos in commemoration of Speed Week's 60th Anniversary in issue #42. In more recent years, we were lucky enough to share some of Mario Bafficio's early Bonneville shots in our Scrapbook. Here are a pair of roadsters from that section. 007Mario-Baffico.224.jpg Mario Baffico.225.jpg

Cyclone_racer and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. Issue #42 is excellent as well as the Scrapbook with awesome photos from Bonneville.
    Thanks from down under.

13. flamingokid

flamingokid

I never tire of seeing Bonneville pics.Thank you,Jay!

14. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

Yep, pretty damn cool...

15. A few more from my collection, all from Bonneville 1951-52.

cycle.jpg dahm-bros-coupe.jpg jpb-cycle-bonneville-006.jpg

16. WillieRides57

WillieRides57

Thanks for sharing some cool history of Bonneville. I finally made it there and was blown away at the shear number of participants and fans of speed.
    Bonneville_Day30162.JPG

17. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

Thanks for the great pictures bonnivile has always been on my to do list. Hope to get there some day.