Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1931 Model A coupe

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by hooliganshotrods, Sep 13, 2014.

1. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

City: Calgary

State: International (Australia, Canada, etc...)
    Price: 40K
    Considering selling my 1931 Model A coupe as I have other projects I would like to finish and am considering selling my house and moving to an acreage.

PRICE IS REDUCED AND IN CANADIAN DOLLARS 38K OBO.

This car is an absolute head turner!! It was shown at the Calgary World of Wheels 2014 and was the winner of the ISCA Traditional Vehicle category. It was also shown in Washington where it won an Outstanding award from the Early Ford V8 club. This Hot Rod is a Driver, not a show car or trailer queen. I've been driving it every chance I can since I finished the build in Feb./2014.

Details on the car:

Body:
    1931 Ford Model A coupe. 6" chop, channeled 4". All rust was removed and patch panels were made and welded in. Paint is single stage in a 2 tone brown.

Chassis:
    Custom built from 2x6 tubing, this isn't a simple Z'd frame. It has custom sweeps at the front and rear. The front rails sweep approx. 5" and the back is swept up about 18", the frame has a nice Deco feel and flows very well. All the joint fitments were done to code and all the welds are full penetration.. The frame has been sectioned down to 4" where the driver would sit to create more head room so the car looks like it has a 6" channel but it's really only 4". Frame is painted in tan brown.

Suspension:
    Custom made 4" dropped axle from lucky 7. It has stars CNC'd into the axle.
    Ride technologies Air Ride- Front and Rear. This is NOT a suicide front end, it has a wheelbase of 106" like a 32 and is proportionally correct. Car rides really smooth and nice. Very driveable ANYWHERE, it has 6" of travel in the air bags.
    Wishbones on the front
    Four bar rear with panhard bar
    Ford 8.8" 3.73 posi rear end with drum brakes.
    1958 Buick Drums with Wilson welding hubs on 1937 Ford spindles and early Lincoln style backing plates.

Engine:
    1956 354 Chrysler Hemi, bored .30 over and built by D&W engines, it's a brand new Hemi!
    Tunnel Ram with 3 Rochester 2G carbs
    BBC water pump
    Custom ground cam
    Way too much to list, I've invested nearly 15K just into the engine. It's building approx. 400hp, runs like a watch and is just a pure animal in this little hotrod!
    Engine is painted in a root beer color and pinstriped valve covers.

Transmission:
    TH350 with shift kit and 2800 stall convertor

Wheels:
    Original 1935 Ford wires, powder coated black with 32 V8 caps
    750-16 Firestone wide whites on rear
    600-16 Firestone wide whites on front

Interior:
    Custom made FULL aluminum and copper riveted interior. Bead rolled and looks like a bomber plane inside. It has a bench style seat in chocolate vinyl.
    New wood kit, stained and sealed to look like old barn wood.
    1938 Ford steering column
    1938 Ford Banjo steering wheel
    All new Dolphin gauges in tan brown
    Custom made dash from a 64 Chevrolet c80 truck
    Dash is pinstriped

The whole body has been pinstripped in traditional style lines. It's tasteful and not over the top, just enough.

There is a ton more done on this build that I haven't listed due to room.

It's not a rat rod or a crappy back yard build and it's not cheap.

I'M NOT INTERESTED IN TRADING FOR ANYTHING!!!

For now I'm just throwing it up, if you are seriously looking for a well built, one of a kind hot rod then email me. [email protected]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    brickhead07 likes this.
  2. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

bttt

Tyresmoke likes this.
  3. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods