Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1934 Plymouth 4 Door Sedan

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by hillbilly51, Jun 5, 2015.

1. hillbilly51

hillbilly51

Hello, this is my first post.

I have a 1934 Plymouth that has been in my family since 1960.
    Before you get too excited, it is in very rough condition.

There are some original parts that are still good to useable.

I have the original Brass Radiator that appears to be in excellent condition.
    It is still mounted in the front cowling/radiator support, and does not appear to ever had any repairs made to it or and other damage. My uncle bought this car when it was all original and driveable.
    He then (teenager) pulled the engine and drive train and replaced them with a 1956 Ford 312 V8 and Automatic Transmission. The car then passed to my brother (deceased) who stripped the paint and disassembled the body (fenders, hood, interior). At that point, the car was parked in the back field for the next 50 years.
    So, there was extensive rust to the body and interior (leather roof rotted away).
    Is there any interest in the parts that are usable? I started to just junk it, but I hate to because of the nostalgia of the car. I thought about restoring it, but there is just too much work for a old man like me. What parts should I save?
    IMG_1460.JPG IMG_1450.JPG IMG_1460.JPG IMG_1450.JPG

Attached Files:

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

sell anything that can be saved

3. Save it all!Not enough old mopars as it is.Any pics of the whole car?And where are you?

4. Welcome to the HAMB I agree save all you can and sell what you are not going to use for funding the new parts. I am currently building a 37 Plymouth sedan check out my build thread and post some pics of the car. Jim

5. dtracy

dtracy

I agree, save it all. Also, the radiator is installed in the shell upside down in the first photo.

6. Post some more pics of what you have. If you have a nice grille I'd be interested. I also need some other small parts for mine.

7. Jen......

Jen......

interested in seeing what you have as well. subscibed

8. hillbilly51

hillbilly51

It's just the way I took the picture. The top tank is at the bottom of the photo. The radiator, as far as I can tell or know about (since 1960) has never been separated from the shell. I believe it is just as it came from the factory.

9. You need to look a little closer....the shell is upside-down, too which makes it correct.