Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1950 pontiac 2 door business coupe build!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50pontiacguy, Aug 25, 2014.

1. 50pontiacguy

50pontiacguy

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

2. 50pontiacguy

50pontiacguy

Attached Files:

3. 50pontiacguy

50pontiacguy

Attached Files:

4. 50pontiacguy

50pontiacguy

Getting there...

Attached Files:

5. My straight 8 sat for sale for months with no bites. Sold it for $50 with the trans just to get it out of the shop.

6. 50pontiacguy

50pontiacguy

Yea I just need it out of the way, if someone came and got it I'd probably give it to em!

7. 50pontiacguy

50pontiacguy

Well almost got the motor done, ordered 5/16" pushrods and 5/16" dart guide plates they didn't fit /: contacted the company I bought them from they are sending a new set, nice guys...so next day or two should have motor pretty much wrapped up...

Attached Files:

8. 50pontiacguy

50pontiacguy

Intake and cloyes timing cover in place, neat timing cover has the cam button built in and is adjustable from the outside, not allot to report on the car been spending my time trying to wrap up motor....

Attached Files:

9. 50pontiacguy

50pontiacguy

Ok finally gonna start on brake lines, best method? Anyone? One line to a tee up front or run two separate? I have a corvette master so im thinking 2 and also ive seen some with coils in the line up by the master is this needed or because they had extra line? I see no reason for it....

10. 50pontiacguy

50pontiacguy

Oh by the way discs up front, drums out back and vacuum assist.....

11. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Good start, keep at it.
    Godspeed
    MrC.

50pontiacguy likes this.
  12. kalthans

kalthans
    from Dallas, TX

Hey there! Just discovered this build thread while i was looking for ideas on my own '51 Pontiac Chieftain build (thread coming soon on it, i promise!). What are your plans for the rear suspension? Also do you have a part# on the rotors that worked for you that weren't on the list from Scarebird? I was thinking about going with them for front brakes instead of doing an M2 stub.

13. atomickustom

atomickustom

The coiled hardlines hard to allow for flex and movement between the body and frame different cracking or splitting down the road.

14. 50pontiacguy

50pontiacguy

Right on yea start a thread I wanna see it! I have a triangulated 4 link to put out back but trying to figure out what modern rear (90s s10,jeep) will fit best, spring perches and shock mounts don't matter as im using air bags....I don't have the exact part number on the rotor, been awhile since I got it, but that and the calipers are the same as my 85 c10. Every parts store stocks them, and on eBay you can find a ton to pick through that's where I got the drilled and slotted ones....

15. 50pontiacguy

50pontiacguy

You know you are getting close to firing up your engine when you have too get one of these! Exciting times!

Attached Files:

16. 50pontiacguy

50pontiacguy

Not sure anyone is reading this lol but trying to figure out what carb to use anyone out there have experience with the demon 1910? That's what im thinking of going with....

17. 50pontiacguy

50pontiacguy

This is it. Polymer body for reduced fuel temp, 750 cfm and bracketry for all trans types....any opinions....

Attached Files:

18. 50pontiacguy

50pontiacguy

Went "pickin" last night picked up 2 of these on the cheap along with these cans! Good wall hangers one going in garage and one above my son's window in his room to hang curtains from, bitchin, huh!?

Attached Files:

19. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

Sure, as long as they're done leaking.:eek:

20. 50pontiacguy

50pontiacguy

Cans are for garage lol bumper for curtains....although they were done leaking years ago....

21. 50pontiacguy

50pontiacguy

Finished up calipers and discs....And my clean work bench...

Attached Files:

22. 50pontiacguy

50pontiacguy

Well first time I've ever made brake lines, it's not too difficult and they'll start looking better than these, but not a bad start...

Attached Files:

23. 50pontiacguy

50pontiacguy

Painting! Scored this moroso electric water pump for fiddy bones, it's about 2fiddy new, deal of the day!

Attached Files:

24. 50pontiacguy

50pontiacguy

(Arnold schwarznegger voice) IM BACK.

So guys was hunting down rear ends and not quite sure what ratio would be best. Ill have a 700r4 about 450hp and was leaning towards a 3.73 but ran across a 3.43. Opinions? what should I go with, I want to shit and get but also be able to cruise the highways without turning 4k rpms......

25. Slopok

Slopok

If you're turnin 4 grand with that combo you won't be doin the legal limit anywhere but on the Autobahn.

Jet96 and 50pontiacguy like this.
  26. Joshua614

Joshua614

Looks like the same disk set up on mine works great and I have the same issue with the pedal being to far back . Are those the stock spindles or did you get drops ? I was thinking about baging mine at some point with stock components instead of gutting the crossmember for a newer style . We are poncho brothers . I'm also running the stock rearend beating the fuck out of it and it's still together so far . I have a ford 9 inch I need to narrow and mini tub the car . those rear wheelhouses don't like being dropped on my radials get some rubs . And tell the pontiac guys to suck it your putting in a Chevy motor because you don't want it to blow up ! Chop away my friend !

50pontiacguy and TudorJeff like this.
  27. 50'SilverStreak

50'SilverStreak
    from Alabama

Any update? Thanks for the thread. I have a '5o Silver Streak that I am going to do the brake conversion on. Your info was a big help in finding a kit.

50pontiacguy likes this.
  28. 50pontiacguy

50pontiacguy

Yea ill get some pics tomorrow Ive got the rear end out about to start the 4 link. Ive got the front brakes finished, plumbed ready to go, ive also got motor pretty much complete. Been slow going but I haven't stopped!

29. 50pontiacguy

50pontiacguy

Rear end out, ready for the 8.8 to go in, also sold the third member out of this one to fellow ny hamber jaboney for his poncho, which pays for my rear! And gets his cruising! Win win!

Attached Files:

30. tazareno

tazareno

Cool build!!! Really nice work!! Keep doin what you're doin. Don't worry about what others say on your choices....they're your choices.

Especially on the motor...I have one as well. Why? Cause it's what I had lying around at the time. Isn't that what traditional is?

That's what they did back then,plucked v-8s from other cars and made 'em work.

Good luck finishing it out!!

50pontiacguy likes this.