Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Two Cylinder Hemi

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 190BEAR, Jun 4, 2015.

1. 190BEAR

190BEAR
    from Colorado

I picked up a 54 Dodge truck hemi engine at an estate. With it was a box with two cylinder hemi pieces that I can't find any info on. Includes most pieces I think, including a shortened blower housing. Can anyone tell what I have with that little bit of info?

2. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

3. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

A guy in Wichita, Kansas used to cut a Hemi block across two cylinders to make Harley motors. I saw one but that's about all I know about them. It looked cool.

4. Man I would like to have one of those to play with.

5. chessterd5

chessterd5
    from u.s.a.

I've seen this done with 440 mopar blocks.

6. 190BEAR

190BEAR
    from Colorado

Hemi 008.jpg Hemi 009.jpg Hemi 010.jpg Hemi 011.jpg Hemi 009.jpg Hemi 011.jpg Hemi 011.jpg Hemi 008.jpg Hemi 008.jpg Hemi 008.jpg Hemi 008.jpg Hemi 008.jpg Hemi 009.jpg Hemi 009.jpg Hemi 010.jpg Hemi 008.jpg Hemi 009.jpg Hemi 010.jpg Hemi 011.jpg Hopefully this works

Attached Files:

7. 190BEAR

190BEAR
    from Colorado

Sorry about the pictures

8. Lots of work, but I bet it would be a show stopper! A 392 would be a 98 cu. in. Thumper

9. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Whoa... now that is neat.

With the distributor poking out the front at an angle, and with the shape of that valve cover, looks like it was built from a 426 block. Probably a fun thing to do with "what's left of one" after some drag racer holed the block. That is incredibly cool!

Atwater Mike and Hnstray like this.
  10. The pics are fine don't sweat it. It looks like @Kan Kustom described, maybe he'll chime in as he as seen one up close and personal.

Atwater Mike and volvobrynk like this.
  11. That's too cool! Looks like a 426 to me.

12. Someone's pet project, I'll bet. Whoever did it had skills, that's for sure

Atwater Mike and volvobrynk like this.
  13. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Somebody spent a lot of time on that, would be neat to know more of it's history. I like that shortened blower housing.

volvobrynk likes this.
  14. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

That would be awesome to finish!

volvobrynk likes this.
  15. that's some crazy shit!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  16. chessterd5

chessterd5
    from u.s.a.

50+ cubes per cylinder, 3 HUGE main bearings, a nice cam, maybe a 250 cfm (?) 2-barrell. that would be a bad motor scooter. I think I would put it in a trike

volvobrynk likes this.
  17. I would put on two wheels with a 90 degree in and out box and lay on it for 1320 feet. May even try and run it on POP just for the shock value. ;)

volvobrynk likes this.
  18. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I wonder if Don Garlits could tell you anything about it.

19. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

The one I saw was in a bike at Eldorado, Kansas. Mike Nail from there owned it. He has moved and I have lost track of his whereabouts. I was told that he and his wife moved to Florida. bscottstdio here on the HAMB may know more.

20. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

For several years there was a two cylinder Hemi running at the lakes. Same as yours. As I remember it was the last two cylinders of a KB top fuel block with the front welded on to it. Blown on fuel in a motorcycle streamliner at first. Then it became a 4 wheeled lakester and later it had two rear axles and became a six wheeled car. I forget what it was called. Franken something, maybe.Why don't you post it on the LandRacing site. I bet somebody can tell you something about it.

21. 190BEAR

190BEAR
    from Colorado

RichFox, you may be on to something. What I could get out of his estranged family was he dealt with open wheel cars and was a local guru on alkie and nitro. Said he flipped at Bonneville, brought the car back and cut it up. Thanks everyone for the input!

22. You have to put this together and get it running. :eek: Just to find out if, at idle, it makes a sound like puh-TAY-toe, puh-TAY-toe, puh-TAY-toe... :p

23. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

would be way cool in a Bobber......

leadfootloon likes this.
  24. LOL even my 80" er doesn't make that sound. I have decided that only stock bikes make that sound. ;)

volvobrynk and harley rider like this.
  25. Chet Wilson in Wichita built V4's from Chevy blocks. Don't know if it was his work or not but he did cut blowers down like that and had one on a V4 in a T-bucket.
    http://chet-wilson.com/

26. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

The thing sounded funny at idle. But sounded good at speed. It was fast. But crashed as a bike. Then crashed again as a four wheel car. I didn't know it crashed as a six wheeled car. It was called the KB2 when it was a bike.

27. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

28. Martin Harris

Martin Harris

Wow! The ultimate V-Twin!
    Gets the imagination going fer sure!

29. SicSpeed

SicSpeed
    from Idaho

The Real Ultimate V-Twin
    No dought the Hemi Twin is cool. I was reading a story once about that bike in Kenneth S post. The parts for that engine came from Austin Coil's scrap pile.
    Now here is a story that was in Cycle World in the early 80's. I havent found my copy of it yet but this is the only issue of Cycle World I ever saved. This guy is Lucky Keizer, an Austrailian bush mechanic that sorced the engine out of his stash of Merlin V12's. This is what I remember from the artical. Built the bike using a Hilman 3spd, 305ci. and roughly 500hp
    Doing a search I found that Roland Sands bought the engine.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    These are the best pics I could come up with.

lonestar395 and Outback like this.