Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 33-34 Ford coupe bodies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ss34coupe, Nov 5, 2007.

1. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Thanks, I was lucky that the x member I had was in very good shape and did not require much repair.
    The three cross members did not require anything other than cleaning, and all the parts went together quite well. Had thought about doing this for some time, so when I pulled the frame from this old coupe and saw that one of the rails needed a lot of work, decided to go for it.

34ford5w - another great find! You keep reeling them in showing us that they are still out there!

2. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

you might already have these

3. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Here is the frame from post #525 of this thread now up on wheels - has a stock front and rearend, IMG_0695.jpg the only non-stock part is a reversed-eye front spring. Still has the mechanical brakes, but I will switch those over to hydraulics. Found these front and rear assemblies in a local resident's long time collection and was lucky enough to buy them from him.

4. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Now getting to the 5 window coupe body that I picked up late last fall and shown earlier in this thread - fixed up a better stock floor as the one in the coupe was badly rusted. Plans are to run a later flathead with a 39 Ford trans and build a mildly modified coupe. IMG_0701.jpg IMG_0709.jpg

thommoina33 likes this.
  6. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

One of the main reasons I bought this coupe body was because the original cowl and firewall were in such great shape. This will be the first coupe I build that does not have a modified firewall. IMG_0706.jpg

jadegrenade 51 likes this.
  7. A 33 3 window is very high up on my wish list.... Maybe some day but, for now, I'll just gotta stay subscribed to this thread.

8. 31pickemup

31pickemup

Very nice frame ss34coupe! I finally found a real nice frame for my build. I've almost gathered all the parts to get it rolling again. Just need a few small pieces. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

9. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

31pickemup - great score on that frame! Might be the best original one I have seen, should he a good basis for your build.

10. AAAARRGHH!
    Picked up a cherry original, unmolested 34 frame last year and hope to build a traditional looking three window coupe. One of my dream cars for many years... Flat head with T5, sans fenders, etc. Collecting parts for a couple years now. We have most of the big parts now except an original 34 carcass.

Of course, the big hurdle is the carcass. These bodies are way out of reach for many folks - most folks.
    We plan to build the entire car for what a good body will cost. And, with a full time job, there's is no time to stitch one together from expensive junk parts.

Is traditional hot rodding a thing for the "landed gentry"? I'd say, yes, in many respects, it is...

So screw it! I'm going for the glass body! Thanks to the folks who make these things - they help keep the hobby alive!!

11. 31pickemup

31pickemup

Ss34coupe what did that crank loop bracket that the U-bolts are holding down come off of?

12. Fedman

Fedman

[​IMG]
    Here is my 34 project. Stalled for the last while, need to get back on it.

falcongeorge likes this.
  13. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Its the stock piece with the crank hole section cut off.

14. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

Really a glass body I would like to smash everyone with a sledge hammer sorry my option! I know we all have one like holes! But if you look long and hard enough you'll find one! My first one was 3500 and now I have more than enough 3 and 5 windows and they were all found with heart! Sorry hate glass cars just me like fake tits! Look good but just not the same!!!

15. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Pretty wrong on a couple of counts.
    I've had 3 coupe bodies, traded/sold until I found the one I want to build, as being the domain of the landed gentry, well that's crap, it depends on how hard you work, your desire and setting a goal.
    A quick search on here will provide you with endless build threads of people making do with what they have and creating something very special.
    This threads about the real deal coupe bodies, being found and saved, nothing against plastic but not on this thread.

16. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

Got mine turned around in the shop the other night, (what a PITA, with the steering not hooked up yet). Anyway Got to mount the passenger seat and hook up brakes and steering. Looks like it might hit the road this summer, won't be done but at least I should have this build moving under its own power. thanks of course to a good many of you that have helped me along the way on this thread. 2015-06-01_17.43.51.jpg

17. ff1930

ff1930
    from lapeer

Here is an update on mine I posted in here about 18 months ago.

Attached Files:

18. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

Sorry thommoina33 for be so hasty but man they are out there! I haven't posted this car since I became a member but I found this 34 3w buying other cars and it was in a guys storage unit. He had just picked it up in CA and it had 1956 CA plates on it! Still have the car!

Attached Files:

jadegrenade 51 and thommoina33 like this.
  19. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

Just to make it clear everyone it's not for sale! Lol!!

20. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Damn, that was going to be my next question

21. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

Wow, now how come we don't see this on storage wars haha

22. What are some good dimensions for a 5 window to judge (with the glass installed) how much the top has been chopped from stock? Perhaps windshield frame, door window opening, rear glass opening, etc. A dimensioned body drawing would help too. Thanks.

Steve

23. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Did some quick measurements on my stock height 34 five window coupe and came up with the following (measured from the centre of the window opening): front windshield 13 inches, rear window 8.25 inches, door window 12 inches and the quarter window 11.5 inches. Hope that helps.

24. Steve: I visited with Jack (34dlxcoupe) today in Lincoln Ne. That car is as good lookin in person as it is in pics. Tim

25. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Yes, Tim, I saw a recent pic on his thread. That coupe turned out great, really a nice job and it looks just right.

26. Roadsir

Roadsir

Lot of cool 33/34 stuff going on. I hope to get back on mine soon!

27. Cragar

Cragar

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1433665641.222329.jpg this should make Thommo happy my coupe I am putting together

28. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

That makes me very happy!!

29. fordwings

fordwings
    from Australia

Here's my 34 5 W Mr Ben Thomas(Rancho Deluxe)has been working on for 3-4 months! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1433935096.874995.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

30. ss34coupe

ss34coupe