Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest 396skip - French Lake Auto Parts - What a Class Act!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40Vert, Jun 2, 2015.

1. 40Vert

40Vert

Many thanks to Skip of French Lake Auto Parts. I know many HAMBers have bought from Skip but this was my first go around and while there are many threads posted about dishonest sellers in our hobby, I wanted to acknowledge a real first class experience with Skip.

I placed a want ad a couple of weeks ago looking for an early Bronco rearend. I received a PM from Skip saying he had one with 3.50 gears which wasn't what I exactly wanted but close enough to the 3.70 I was after to work. We agreed on a price including shipping which was in my opinion very fair. Now this is where a fair deal goes beyond a transaction to customer service beyond the pale. I received and email from Skip saying that the pinion of the rear he had was very loose and rather than sell me that rearend, that he had a lead on another in a complete Bronco.

My next email from Skip was that his guys like to open up the pumpkin to make sure that the gears weren't fried and would that be okay? My next email from Skip stated that this new reared turned out to have 4.56 gears which will not work for my application.

Now here is were customer service beyond the pale goes to the realm of just being a super awesome human being. Skip then offered to replace the 4.56 pumpkin with another pumpkin with gears of my choosing, thus I was able to go with 3.70 gears that I wanted in the first place!

I forgot to mention that all this exchange was happening with a six hour time change as I was overseas for a conference. The rearend and I arrived home yesterday and was expertly palletized and delivered.

Words cannot adequately express my appreciation but Skip was utterly professional, courtesy and stand-up. He could have easily just have shipped me the first rearend and stopped there, or the second and stopped there, but being the person of integrity he is, he wanted to make sure I would be able to have a usable part. Incredible. Thanks Skip!

kiwijeff and harpo1313 like this.
  2. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

The good folks are definatly the majority in our hobby by far.

3. Just walking around in their yard is amazing. Cool place - I need to go visit.:D

4. I picked up a customers vehicle at Skips "French Lake Auto Parts". He is a very nice guy & he made sure the vehicle was out where I could load it in my enclosed trailer without any hassle. He also had one of his guys make a bracket to reattach the leaf spring perch so as not to scratch the floor of my trailer. Because of the weather, I did not get to look around, but I would say give him a call for older parts.
    Bill

5. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

I've dealt with Skip before when I needed a jack from my '52 Plymouth.

Class act, parts as advertised, price was absolutely fair.

Use him. You won't be disappointed.

Chris

6. bryan6902

bryan6902

You're missing out if you've never had a chance to drop by and see the operation in person! Being mostly done with my project means fewer visits... I really need to get out there myself!