Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 52-54 victoria build

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by voodookustoms, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Thanks. That's a great idea painting it white. I can imagine how that would make things much easier. I'll remember that for the next time around.
    Haha ya me too! Even though nobody will see it, it's gotta look good!
    Ya man no problem. I had some help getting to this point with mine as well. The connector idea came from someone on here I believe. It does make it much easier. I'm glad I did it.
    Yes, 3 nuts. Be careful with the little studs they screw on to though. They're soft and strip very easily.

flamingokid likes this.
  2. Wow that is crazy! I've seen this on big Mercedes and bmw's before. Could be a good option for those of us on a budget. I'll look into this more.

flamingokid likes this.
  3. flamingokid

flamingokid

I've been trying to find the chrome paint thread,but not having any luck.There were guys from New Zealand,Sweden,South America,and the U.S. all coming up with some pretty wicked chrome/paint work on parts.I wish I had bookmarked it ....

4. This must be the thread you are talking about? There is a ton of good info in here. I'll spend more time reading through it later. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/diy-spray-on-chrome.674441/

5. flamingokid

flamingokid

6. I decided that my next project would be frenching the tail lights, even though I have a leaky rear end, steering box, transmission and rear main. I needed a break from wrenching. So, this is how it's coming so far. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1432524494.571288.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1432524515.936746.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1432524530.054801.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1432524546.854312.jpg
    Tomorrow I'll work on the other side and hopefully get them welded up by tomorrow.

Model T1, Eric H and dlandberg like this.
  7. flamingokid

flamingokid

Looks good so far.I would select the rear end project next,as it is the low hanging fruit in the equation.The other 3 can be done at the same time,but there'll be more down time.Sometimes the easy projects get us motivated enough to tackle the bigger things.

voodookustoms likes this.
  8. For sure. That's what I was planning too. Get that out of the way so I can focus on the bigger more expensive projects.
    Today I finished up the other bucket and welded both bezels on. Later tonight or tomorrow I'll try to get some bondo on. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1432597219.953568.jpg

9. dwest999

dwest999
    from Saline, MI

Impressive work...

10. Thank you.

11. greaser 35

greaser 35
    from FRANCE

Kool job!!!!

12. RockinRivi

RockinRivi

Very very impressive work. Didn't know much about Vicki's but seeing your work makes me want one of my own lol

Thx for sharing neighbor lol

David

13. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gotta love those Olds taillights in a '52-'54 Ford! Looking great!

voodookustoms and young'n'poor like this.
  14. Thanks for all the positive replies.
    I finished up the tail lights this weekend. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1433041223.005926.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1433041241.288630.jpg
    I'm not sure what's on the agenda next. I also picked up and 8.8 from a 91 explorer. Over the next few weeks I'll be rebuilding that, and shortening it and hopefully there is enough room for it to clear my c notches. It's quite a bit bigger than the original. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1433041327.287898.jpg

Sparked, UNSHINED 2 and RockinRivi like this.
  15. dwest999

dwest999
    from Saline, MI

16. dlandberg

dlandberg
    from Sweden

Look great with the taillights!

17. vwdave30

vwdave30

Taillights look great

18. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

You make it look so easy.

19. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Perfect! The only way to get that "in progress" look is to be progressing! I really dig it!

20. Thanks guys. I like it. It's really fun to cruise around. And it's cool to be able to pick out the "car people" around you as your driving around noticing little nods, or long stares or thumbs up.
    And hopefully I'm helping to convert some people to the traditional customs way of life too. Several of my friends said that when they finish their current projects they want to get something old like mine. I'm all for it.

flamingokid likes this.
  21. cdoh

cdoh
    from chicago

I'd love to find a set of those tai lights for my car. They really add to rear end look.

22. Car looks great I cant wait to get my 54 on the road.

23. Car looks great can't wait to get my 54 on the road.

24. eBay....swap meets...

25. cdoh

cdoh
    from chicago

I know. I wasn't actually looking yet. I was just saying that I like them

26. flamingokid

flamingokid

My last shoebox received a rear end from a Lincoln Versailles.It was as close to a direct bolt on as I've ever had.Is the Explorer ear end pretty close?

27. It needs to be shortened 3" and have the spring perches flipped and moved in.

28. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

I looked into a Versailles rear end - boy parts are very hard to find AND expensive!!

29. great build. i love vickies.