Register now to get rid of these ads!

OHIO H.A.M.B.ers Social

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lo c dan, Jan 20, 2006.

1. leadsled01

leadsled01

2. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

I'm about it. Remind us later. Those of us from Southern Ohio drink water from the river and can't remember jack shit...

3. o0xerog0o

o0xerog0o

According to Mapquest I'm only a little over a couple of hours away, so I might be able to make it. Should be a lot of fun to meet some other HAMBer's in person...

4. Psychoarts

Psychoarts

I'm thinking about makin' the trip down.

5. 1st Annual... " sO- hio Rally in the Alley " Alley Park, Lancaster, Ohio
    Still working out the incidentials I've never thrown a bash before. Since this is going to be a free event, I thought I'd try something different instead of an admission fee. Please bring a wall hanger or nostalgic piece to be silent auctioned off. Thanks for the interest being shown. More details to follow.
    Respectfully, lo
    R.S.V.P by 5 / 1 / 06 as to help in preparation for food.

6. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

This isn't just for Ohio hambers.
    Not far from W.Virginia or Pennsy.
    It would be great to have a eastern Hamber get together every year.
    I'd like to see it become one of the biggest aside from The Hamb Drags.
    And this place would be perfect.

7. Since this is only being a exclucive H.A.M.B. invitation, hopefully this could be a chance to see some of the projects we have all been reading about. Any and all ideas welcome. WELCOME to ALL H.A.M.B. ers

8. bustingear

bustingear

Consider Bustingear there. A BONE and all!

9. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Maybe we could hookup with other HAMBers as we make our way down there.
    Get a big ol line of hotrods rollin down the road.
    I'm coming from the Youngstown area, so I'm way up NE. I pass Columbus, sorta, on my way to Lancaster.

10. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

was at the show last year,really nice ride up/back took my 40 last year maybe will have my 50 ready this year

11. booboo

booboo
    1. oHIo

im there man please post a reminder or somthing when it gets closer. .. would it be ok if i briught a cuople of lurkers with me?

12. o0xerog0o

o0xerog0o

I like the idea about meeting up with other hot rodders and making group trips... Always wanted to be a part of a long line of rods cruisin down the highway...

One thing I would suggest, since I don't have any kinds of memorabilia or anything interesting to auction off, what should our other options be for raising funds?

Definitely looking forward to meeting you guys there!

--Is there any way we could sticky this and get the word out to as many people as possible?--​

13. Don't let that deter your contribution, If this gets complicated for some donations will be graciously accepted. Respectfully, lo

14. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

anybody coming through zanesville? we can meet up and head down together. rt. 22 is only about 3 miles from my place, one of the main roads into lancaster. really nice 45 minute to an hour trip. depending on what we get done, little_e's edsel and a buddy of mine might drive also. the buddy of mine's 63 fairlane has been on here before, he's lurked but has no computer so he hasn't joined.

15. Little_E

Little_E

Damn straight the Edsel will be in!!! I can't wait to bust this baby out for all of the road trips I can! She won't be a beauty, but she'll be on the road (finally)!

16. o0xerog0o

o0xerog0o

I think I have to go through Zanesville, right off 70 right? I'll be headin out that way...
    BTW - There's not any chance your buddies 63 Fairlane is blue with flames is there??

17. John B

John B

You guys sure know how to make it hard on a person. I love the town of Lancaster,OH. and most of the people I've met there are the best. Unfortunately the first weekend of June is the KOA Double Date show in Florence,Ky. As a state director for Kustoms Of America , it would be kinda hard for me to not go to the show in my home state. As it is I've invested alot of time into the show already. Maybe one of these days I'll get a chance to hang out with you guys some more.

18. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

Wasn't that the show last year that had a '50 Merc with Honda Civic headlights grafted into it? I sure would hate to miss that... ;)

19. John B

John B

I don't remember that. It was probably there but I blocked it out. I do remember a sweet as hell 49 Merc with a blown flathead, a copper colored Anglia and some other traditional styled hot rods and customs. I wish there were more of our style stuff there but the guys who own them seem to not want to bring them out. They would much rather let the billet guys take over what could be a great show in their own back yard.

oops sorry, touchy spot with me.

Everyone go back to talking about the beautiful town of Lancaster Ohio.

www.visitfairfieldcountyoh.org

20. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

Salright, it was a joke. It still beats any other show within 30 minutes of my house...

21. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

I'll be there if I haven't moved to So Cal by then. This could be my 34 coupe's maiden voyage. I'm shooting to have on the road by late spring to early summer.

Vance

22. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

I'm shooting for having the '58 Olds roadworthy for this affair as well. Any cincinnati-area hambers wanna help me out for beer and pizza? I really don't have a lot of experience with pre-70s cars, but I really wanna learn...

23. Brooding Swede

Brooding Swede

WOW...Petejoe I'm hurt... What about your neighbors to the south (You know below the Mason Dixon line) LOL… ;)

Man, I would love to go to something like this WHAT ABOUT KENTUCKY? ;)
    This is just more northern elitism ! LOL :)
    I would love to host an eastern state HAMB meet Next year summer 07 . WE LOTS of space down here….. This should be an annual thing…..

CAN WE COME TOOO? Please????

PS. I have some of that water in a jar also ......

24. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

JohnB's show runs Friday, Saturday and shuts down on about noon, after trophies, Sunday if I remember right. The Brooding Swede, Redneck Smooth and even I can do the KOA on Sat. and Lancaster on Sunday the 4th. I don't think Brandon will be there with the Anglia as he told me he has sold it. I saw him at the Cavalcade of Customs last weekend in Cincy. It's about 60 miles to JohnB's show 60 miles the other way to Lancaster. Hell if I decide to go to the Hamb Drags it's 725 miles!

Just think this let's us to support two Hambers in the same week-end:rolleyes: :D

25. Little_E

Little_E

No, its brown. But totally badassed!

26. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

yeah, zanesville is where 22 and I-70 meet, so you'd likely go thru here. probably the most direct route from due east, or northeast. the edsel man is correct about my buddy's fairlane, though to be precise, it's "chestnut." listening to it even at state-route speeds is fun with the gears he has in the rear end...

27. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

hey everyone a northwestern ohio guy here...count me in for the "gathering" or whatever you wanna call, wish I could drive the 55' poncho but that long of a trip the car would never make, at least not at this time. I'll be driving my aurora down and hope to get it striped, been wanting to do that for a while now...so looks like I found the date its gonna get done. See everyone there!!!

bob

28. modelabrian

modelabrian

I'm interested! Please send info. as date gets closer. Will discuss with other Dayton folks!

29. o0xerog0o

o0xerog0o

So this is going to be strictly HAMB, right? But tag-alongs are cool too right?

30. I hope this doesn't come over as being a ---- But this is the "first annual" so it is what it is, lessons will be learned and it will be better next year. It is as much, if not more the H.A.M.B.s picnic as it is a closed event. You all will make the event, you decide. Everyone should be welcome, Respectfully - lo -