Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Can anyone help ID some Model A trim please?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by amsvette, May 27, 2015.

1. amsvette

amsvette

Getting ready to try and sell the last of my Model A stuff this weekend at a show at Ford World Headquarters. I have gone through my pile of garnish molding and have identified everything except these two pieces:

molding 5.jpg molding 6.jpg

These came with a nice '28-'29 Tudor sedan body I had several years ago. They are approximately 42" long. If I had to make a guess, I would say they are trim pieces for the edge of the doors. Can someone confirm this? I've looked through some Model A catalogs, general internet searches, and through that evil auction site. An as long as I'm asking for help, any ballpark idea what these may be worth?

Thanks in advance!

amsvette-

2. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

If you have no luck here, and haven't done so already, ask across on the Ford Barn

3. millersgarage

millersgarage

just by their shape I'd say they are pillar trim.

4. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Those are the trim piece that holds the weather strip at the front of the door on the inside of the car. Weather strip isn't quite the right term, round soft trim used around the inside of the door.

5. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

It's called windlace.

prewarcars4me likes this.
  6. alchemy

alchemy

They rivet to the flange pointing to the rear on the A pillar. The wind lace is captured in between.

7. oldiron63

oldiron63

They are only used on 28-29 Tudor Sedans, Coupes, Sport Coupes, Special Coupes, and Business Coupes.

8. If you haven't already discovered, they're pretty fragile and can be accidently bent very easily.:oops:

9. amsvette

amsvette

Excellent, thank you very much for the help!