Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 60 Chevy Sedan Delivery ! Back on the road !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, May 29, 2015.

1. So wanted something to haul parts to the swap meets, and drag my vintage bicycles around town with... It's not perfect, but runs and drives great ! 350/350 combo(b&m shift kit)... with Camaro front clip & disc brakes...just a fun car ! drive as is Fun ! need to find some trinkets . Yes I still have the 51 Woodie, it's not going anywhere soon ! LOL

sd1.jpg

2. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

I'm Impressed, looks great! Gary:D

3. slammed

slammed

DUDE! Killer score. More pix please. A '56 Nomad & then this one. It look's like a shine can come back on the paint.

4. AlmightyCrash

AlmightyCrash
    from Tyler, TX

Awesome! Looks great!

5. 66galwag

66galwag
    from SoCal

Looks cool! What size and backspace are the wheels?

6. The wheels were on it when I bought it (15x8 rears), going to need tires... its on my list... will post more pics really soon

7. The 56 Nomad was a fun car, miss is at times... is was cool... loved the interior... miss my Don Garlits Tach !

8. F-head

F-head

Hi Rob,
    got that from Mike S.? didnt think he ever sold anything
    congrats
    now your the longroof king
    cheers,
    B

9. 66galwag

66galwag
    from SoCal

Nice, 6s on the front?

10. they look more like 15 X 7 fronts... He told what the fronts were and I have forgot...

11. Yep I sure did B , don't know about the king of longroofs... but it sure is a neat car.. ! Thank you

12. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Those delivery's are both cool and RARE
    We use to see a really nice black(59 or 60) in years past at NW events, IIRC it was from the Longview area.

13. been doing little nit-picking small stuff... I replaced the front signal and rear taillight lens... Put the Bel-Air emblems back on the fenders( really it's a Biscayne). put the CHEVROLET letters back on the hood... installed some original style rearview mirriors.. going to have some floor repair done up front first funds permitting... then on to replacing the windshield

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    WDobos, volvobrynk and slammed like this.
  14. slammed

slammed

DSC02135.JPG I lust very badly over this one. C'mon lotto winner.....

WDobos and volvobrynk like this.
  15. DSC02136.JPG View attachment 2930362 so I have a question for the 59-60 Impala guys... in the picture above(missing stainless on pass. door)... I found a good used stainless spear for that door... I can't find any out fits the sell the retaining clips for this molding(Impala Bob's, Ecklers, Classic Ind... etc... The replacemesnt stainless has the good metal clips on it.. I have no idea what other hardware held it on... If anyone has some words of wisdom... please chime in ... any ideas would be super ! View attachment 2930362

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    WDobos likes this.
  16. hows the rear lift gate? they are really prone to rust.

17. Here's 2 videos of a 60 that a good friend of mine, and I redid over 30 years ago. He just sold it a few months ago. I'm sad that he sold it.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    WDobos likes this.
  18. Project? Looks like it's done to me! I'd take just about any model 60 Chevy. Congrats and cool ride.

19. it's ok, the roof above the hatch is bad..
    View attachment 2930369 View attachment 2930369

The hood has seen better days... have a line a nice one... something down the road to do...

20. I would have been sad also ! neat Sedan Delivery !

21. Voh

Voh

Reminds me of Newbomb Turk's "Pie Wagon"

Love it!

22. HA HA HA ! my buddy said the same thing when I got it home ! Newbaum did you ? well a little !

23. Davyj

Davyj

24. I'll check them out, trying to figure out what I really need to attach this back to the door.. Thank you !

25. gas & guns

gas & guns

60 Chevy always been one of my favorites. Great score!

26. thanks , doing little stuff right now... hoping to have some clips to finishing putting trim back on soon

27. Well thanks to the helpful guy at LDI here in Tacoma on Saturday, I was able to reinstall the stainless on the passenger side of the car...It was a pretty easy deal to do... He showed me a metal clip with a threaded stud on it was bendable.. you could shorten the length of the clip by snapping off sections. Bent the clip to the curve of the stainless door spear and worked great.. It's coming around... Next up will be floors after Billetproof & Goodguys... new windshield...

slammed likes this.
  28. no Billetproof(or cruise) for me , have to work in the morning now, and was reminded by my gal of plans later also.... Argh !!!

29. side trim.jpg
    so not much to report, now have a glove box to store stuff in. Found the upper station wagon molding between the taillights... installed some 60 Impala fender fins(cover up the holes) new tires this weekend.. the fronts have had it.. the rears are close... order the floor panel section I needed and plugs... some floor repair soon !

WDobos likes this.