Register now to get rid of these ads!

H.A.M.B. Plastic Model Builders Build-Off 2

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by luciomduran, Dec 10, 2008.

1. luciomduran

luciomduran

The HAMB Plastic Model Builders Group is starting it's second Build-Off. Anyone can enter as long as you join the group. It's a great way to get back into modeling and have some friendly competition among fellow HAMBers. Here is the criteria: You will need to sign up for the Build-Off by Wednesday December 17, 2008. Once we have a final list, we will pick the style and a manufactured date out of a hat to see what the build will be. That way no one knows what to build until we draw from the hat. These are the choices that will be thrown In:

Manufactured Decades: 1930, 1940, 1950 and 1960
    Styles of Car: Competition/Race, Hot Rod, Custom and Show

For example, if 1940 Hot Rod is picked from the hat, it can be any make, model or body style built between 1940-49 and whatever you think "Hot Rod" might be. This leaves the build up to chance and the styles are open enough to go crazy with your interpretation of what you think that style should be. The Build-Off will start January 1, 2009 and end March 31, 2009. That gives you 3 months to build something. No finished model pictures can be posted before the finish date but WIP pics are more than welcome. PM me if you are are going to participate so I can keep track of who is in for the build.

Here is the link to sign up for the group if you haven't already.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=105

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  2. luciomduran

luciomduran

3. luciomduran

luciomduran

BUMP for the evening crowd..

4. luciomduran

luciomduran

BUMPitty, BUMP, BUMP

5. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. luciomduran

luciomduran

23 people signed up so far. You have until Wednesday December 17th to sign up!!

7. luciomduran

luciomduran

One more day to sign up for the Build-Off. We will pull the decades and styles tomorrow to see what the build will be. Hurry and sign up.

8. LastMinuteMark

LastMinuteMark
    from So. Cal.

signed up.....sounds like fun

9. smarg

smarg

i'll sit this one out

10. I have signed up

11. luciomduran

luciomduran

Sign up for the Build-Off is over and the descriptions have been drawn. The start date is January 1st and the end date is March 31st. No Finished build Pictures until the end of March but In Progress pictures are more than welcome. Here is a list of the participants, if you were left off PM me and I will take care of it.

50shoe, bad71burb, Carbs & Chrome, Carps, Daddyfink, dannyego, DocWatson, DrJ, DrewDay, droplord49, Fat Hack, The Fidgiter, Finktim,
    firepilot, ForEverFour, froghawk, hippie6, hbomb60, KING, LastMinuteMark, luciomduran,mikes51, Minewithnoshine, Model Rodder, old52, Omega, Pscott,
    Pontiac Jack, rayray440, restorit, Speedmaven, spinn427, studenut48, trailer-Ed, ty1295 and Unkl Ian...

The Criteria for the Build-Off that was drawn is: 1930-39 Competition/Race

That means any style of car built between 1930-39 with any kind of race theme. Drag, Bonneville, Jalopy, etc. Get to building fellas!!!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  12. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome, the two best category's we could hope for!!:p:D

I just hope Im still around to play:mad:!! If not have fun all.

Cheers,
    Doc.

13. luciomduran

luciomduran

What's Up Doc? Where are you going to be??

14. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I'd like to be in this one, but I've got a lot going on right now, and won't be able to commit. I'll definitely be following along, though.

15. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Missed the sign up but it will give me a time to touch up my skills. Great to have this on HAMB.

Brian

16. Got off to a good start with inspiration from the Pierson Bros.
    Spent a few days cleaning up the body ready for engine, ancilaries and shot the pearl white base colour on Sunday, then yesterday added some red.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Today the blue went on.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then considering I have too much spare time, I plumbed the engine and hooked up an accelerator linkage.

[​IMG]

Of course if we're gunna race, we gotta have numbers and since the Pierson Bros '33 coupe carried number 2, number three was the obvious choice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. DrJ

DrJ

Is this group still active?