Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Who is currently working on or has a 1932 Ford?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 28, 2015.

1. 4thhorseman

4thhorseman
    from SW Desert

[​IMG]
    Won best engine at 1 show this summer, 1st place modified class at another. And she run's 9's.

2. clem

clem

Working on one and driving one. Actually the work in progress is now drivable, just not legal. Won't get to your deuce days , but would like to see lots of photo's please !
    Here is a pic of mine from our deuce days in Nov 2012. 80 years of 1932 cars. There were 83 1932 fords and one 1932 chev. Probably about 1/2 to 2/3s of all those in the country. image.jpg

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  3. buck 32

buck 32
    from Maryland

Thanks Doug. I have plenty of pictures. I just liked that one because the ground was wet.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. WTF Buck! You've been holding out on us, your 5 window is spot on... how about some build details

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  5. Hi-Flying

Hi-Flying

Never stop working on them

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

HRP---Thanks for taking this stand towards the non Henry's among us here, and forgive me for getting on a soapbox.

Model T1---I know that when you made this statement, your heart was in the right place,
    so please don't think I'm pointing fingers at you in my thoughts on this subject.
    I feel the kit car movement created a lot of this negative sentiment, and I'd like to think at this stage of the game (most) guys here know the difference between a real hot rod (regardless of the body material) and a kit car.
    Most of us could swallow the various labels that people put on non Henry's, but If you were to ask the owners, I'd bet they think their cars are anything but "fake".
    I'd like to see a trend where HAMB members can participate on threads like this without first calling their cars copy's, clones, etc.
    Even though my car doesn't fit the truest definition of "traditional" and since my initial HAMB inro. when I called my roadster a "tupperware" car, I've never felt anything but welcome here.
    It feels good to fit in.

7. Model T1

Model T1

DDD I didn't mean it in a negative way. Just adding to other comments. In reality without using a magnet or a hammer I can't tell the difference most of the time.
    The closest I ever got to buying a 32 Ford was a decent 4-door with a Pinto drive train in Wisconsin. Often wished I bought it. This was before I'd have to give my left nut and my first born to own it.
    With the cost up and being older even my left nut is not worth much and I'd throw my first born in for free!:rolleyes:

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. couverkid

couverkid

im working on this one.

Attached Files:

9. couverkid

couverkid

My 5 window and working on the orange crate sedan to get it running.

Attached Files:

10. This car is the cat's pajamas! HRP

[​IMG]

11. Agree!

12. U got that right HRP

HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.

13. Like it says in the flyer for the All Deuce Run,I like them all,I've owned a couple of glass Deuces and although they weren't real steel they were all real fun.

I remember Randy Nash (Deuce Roadster) saying the following...

I've noticed that most people that cry foul about a glass Deuce don't actually own a real Henry and the people that do have a real Henry have friends that drive glass cars..

HRP

robracer1, da34guy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

It's about the fun! The fiberglass makes more people having fun and keeping our hobby alive!

15. RICK R 44

RICK R 44

Got the one in my avitar on the road in 1999. Have about 75000 miles on it at present.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. seatex

seatex

[​IMG]
    "Glass or steel, the heart is real!" NASTY 3 WINDER!

droppedstepside and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  17. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

4th horseman, I don't care if that car is made outta popsicle sticks, that is bad a$$.

droppedstepside and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  18. buck 32

buck 32
    from Maryland

19. mickeyc

mickeyc

The only one you have now is looks like a fun only one to have. Nice car.
    I too have only one, and it is more than enough. I bought it from a fellow that lives in the wilds of the Honey Island swamp area here in Eastern Louisiana. The body is not chopped, but the floors are non existent. I cannot fathom why anyone would cut the floors and the sub rails completely out of a body.
    The coupe still has the original glass and wooden structure. The roof has been filled and is actually done well with the finish work done in lead. After a few years of sourcing parts I was able to obtain a pair of original sub rails and many other items. I think I have parts from 7 or 8 different 32s stashed away. The last part I bought was a genie chassis and suspension with correct numbers and a title that reflects a coupe body now safely in my name. After I bought the coupe the fellow I bought it from came to the job we were working on and told me he had found a couple of more parts in his shed, and had brought them for me.These were all of the window garnishes, that I had not realized were even missing at the time.!
    I am grateful he is a man of integrity as he could have gotten a good price for them and I would be without. I think sourcing parts is an enjoyable if expensive part of the equation

383deuce, HOTRODPRIMER and Model T1 like this.
  20. 2muchstuff

2muchstuff
    from Eastern KS

My current ones:

Old faithful:
    IMG_0190.JPG PU waiting in the wings:
    IMG_0680.JPG
    Real Henry Roadster - hope to have it at the hillclimb!!
    IMG_1403.JPG

Sold and soon to leave the nest:

Gibbons, but a fun flatty powered car.
    20150311_173353.jpg

Henry 3 window.

IMG_0488.JPG
    Plus a couple original chassis waiting in the wings.....

21. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

22. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

I have a couple of 32 steel roadsters, one built as a late 50's era rod originally built from a c-dan running around in the 70's with its top then whacked off and an original cast Duvall windshield,bobbed fenders, slot mags and powered by a 50-60's Cad-TH-400. The minute that I started to explain what car I had the chassis from, Thom (HRM writer-Conceptual Artist) Taylor knew this car from its incarnation from the 70's built by Butch (drylakes racer) Carlton.

This car was sold to a young man in the early 80's named Mike Gamel, He and his "Pop" removed the fenders 86'd the Cad, updated its 40 dash, lost its slot mags installed Centerline Champ 500's repaired its frame and it made its way in Street Rodder in the Early 90's. Used to see this car around, but never met the owner until several years ago.

Through a chance HAMB ad glance, An ad for a 32 chassis was listed, it wasn't too far away so I took a ride out to Saugus and met a HAMBer by the name of Mike K. I originally thought that I'd use it for a 29 roadster that ran the lakes in 1947. Mike K. showed me the framed SRM photo shoot and at 1st I didn't recognize the car, but on the way home I started thinking that it looked familiar.

I couldn't cut it up, I had to leave it as it had been for years using as much of what was left even down to wiring. Mike Gamel's "Pop" was Mike K's neighbor on the hill and he had bought it for a build. He had owned for a bit, but decided to send it down the road. I decided build it as a Deuce Tub, I had all of the front sheetmetal, but later I decided to make it a roadster. It was to have a Cad Flatty, but right now it runs a 58 283. She ran as 64C. She's all black now w/o her #'s as of 2 yrs ago.

The 2nd one I started for the company. In reality it's actually the 1st and its # is 64B. and is in Rustoleum Gloss Black. She originally was 64D. and was in Red Oxide. All of them wore or wear KH's.
    64D started off with a 24 Stud chassis that I chased down off an ePay ad forwarded to me by our own Elmo Rodge with only 15mins to go and I was on my way to work. I had someone else bid for me and we owned it-was offered double of what we payed for it=Nah, Had to build it.

It was in West Denver CO. Picked it 13 yrs ago and worked like a crazy man to repair a wicked bent/busted up frame. It had good #'s and came with another frame rail that also came with good #'s.
    Really worked hard to make this a car, made it to the Antique Nats 03, did't get a chance to drive it until Oct 14. Here's what happened... Family Deaths, Illegal Demolition of a Hot Rod Hangout and a not so hot economy all the way around.

Jim"Jake" Jacobs and his pal Sheldon Bardin from his Early Times CC days were at V8 Club swap in Claremont (Cable Airport) selling a very complete 32 V8 running/rolling chassis. Robert Williams claimed that it was "the best chassis he has ever seen". It was an early one too!!!!! It came to them by way of Sheldon's pal Damien who owns New Car Dealers in Hawaii and was having a roadster done by Roy Brizio. John Mumford owned the complete 32 roadster and wouldn't sell it unless it was sold with a 32 BB Stake Truck. Roy took car of that for Damien who was now a roadster owner but didn't want a 21 stud stocker.

Hence a new Brizio built chassis so old one sells to Sheldon and then to me. Tom Fritz see's the 32 chassis now wearing the 64D red oxide steel body and does not one, but 2 very cool paintings of it. One of the paintings ends up in Tom's inside cover ad in Hop-Up ;).
    I love the paintings but someone else owns them. As I said before hard time hit and I had to make some decisions regarding these projects. I offered it up here on the HAMB and it found a new home with the 64D body.

After that sell, I got back on the project by finding replacement tin, for its 24 stud chassis, but was still concentrating on the building save=no further work. I think all of my cars suffered at that time.
    A year later, building has a tenant building got restored, Hot Rodders come, but I can't really drive anything that I have as they're dormant. That's when I decided to push real hard for a late 50's build for 64C and it kinda resembled Tom McMullen's Iconic 32 if ya squinted very hard pre-flames ;).

Since I jumped around all over here, the 24 stud flathead 64B car was really put in line after working on a 56 Olds for a HAMBer , My 27 T RPU next, Cyclone Ian's 29 RPU project, a pals 30 AV8 Coupe project (still in progress) and finally 64B!!!!!!!! Now working on the 29 lakes projects body and soon on to the original chassis. I'm not a good pic posting, sorry........ Hope this wasn't a Hi Jack of the thread, just my 32 builds.

23. Great history lesson, Kevin. I love it.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  24. KQQL story Kevin. I helped Butch wack the top off that Tudor and put the 40 dash in back in the day. That little tub was a blast to drive. Thanx 4 the memories.

HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.
  25. I'm in the planing stages of my next Deuce,I want to build another roadster.

This was my old roadster..

[​IMG]

My next one will probably be full fendered. HRP

26. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

27. Danny, I think that if I were to ever decide that I could be a "roadster guy", I'd build something along the lines of Baskerville's roadster. One of my all time favorites.

28. I heard that and I totally agree. HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  29. terollo

terollo
    from Italy

image.jpg Rolando... Italy, I'm at this stage with my 3w . The body still needs a lot of work .

30. ^^^^^^^^^Very nice^^^^^

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.