Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration A little sneak peek...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 15, 2015.

1. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

We will now re - consider sending you any more oil.

bambbrose likes this.
  2. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

I got #18.... Thanks Ryan, it is awesome !

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

COOL! It came yesterday.
    [​IMG]

Scooterville likes this.
  4. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

OK, so now is the time to join up so next time you'll be able to throw your hat in the ring and maybe come out a winner, but you have to be an Alliance Member to have the privilege.

5. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:still patiently waiting:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D

6. 1432755509933.jpg Well the tracking says mine is in customs so I am not sure who this belongs to. :)

Thanks Ryan and Saxman!

Scooterville and Saxman like this.
  7. Maybe the people that purchased two in hopes of getting a certain number will offer some up for sale to those that were unable get one.

I dunno what I was thinking when knob number two came out and I purchased two. Such a limited edition thing with so many wanting them. I traded my extra one off to someone that missed out.

DeLuxe 32, Scooterville and Saxman like this.
  8. seatex

seatex

AWESOME! Love that car and don't mind missin' out to a legend, looks great in that car!

Check the shift knob auction sticky, it could be yours!

9. Got mine today! #3 Thanks HAMB, Ryan, and Saxman!
    100_4113 (Small).JPG

10. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I got mine today. A very nice knob, I got #80.
    I have to say that as happy as I am to have been able to get one, the excitement has had the edge taken off by not being able to get #26.
    Perhaps if I had been earlier in the ordering queue....
    I sent the lucky recipient of #26 a message, of course he doesn't answer :(
    Oh well it is a very nice shift knob.
    Thanks Ryan.

11. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I sent you a message :D In case you were wondering, that's what that little red envelope at the top right of your page is all about :D

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Sorry man. I hate to see ya disappointed. Next time I do anything numbered, you get 26.

13. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Hey Ryan, sorry I feel like a spoiled kid now. :oops:
    I am happy that I was able to get one, I usually miss out on these things.
    I hit it this time just not early enough :D
    Larry.

14. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The anticipated wait is over and my knob and the voyage to New Zealand complete. Couldn't get it unwrapped quick enough ,like a spoilt kid at Xmas. Number 82 YEHAAA .
    My wife was there when we unwrapped and quick as a flash says hey that 8 could almost be a 3 . So the beautiful 82 is now firmly mounted on the old stick shift in our old 32 3W. To my old eyes it really could be # 32.
    Superb job Ryan & Saxman , can't really appreciated it till you get to see one for yourself. The shape even feels great under your hand too. Thanks.

Saxman and Scooterville like this.
  15. Wow that was fast! Got mine the same day as you and I live in Maryland USA lol.

16. I got one and am happy. And the auction is a nice thing, I hope it makes money for the causes. When I traded my extra number two I made zero money, it was a straight up swap for a different shift knob.

My hope was that the folks that purchased extras weren't in it for profit, just better odds of getting the number they wanted.

17. I received #72 in the post this morning. Really nice piece. Great work by Ryan and Saxman.
    Al.

Binga and Saxman like this.
  18. Mine arrived in Australia this morning also. Looks like I was lucky last with #100 ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1432804218.760344.jpg

19. Got mine also ha ha I beat ya with #81 (missed out on #27:() never mind it will still look good in the roadster:)

20. Roger53

Roger53

BOY you have a case of sour grapes .I came in for lunch and checked and I HAVE ONE ! Get over it. Just saying Roger

37hotrod and Scooterville like this.
  21. Winzy

Winzy

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1432855854.525220.jpg
    #71 made it down under to NZ safe n sound cheers Ryan n saxman

Wanted : 55 buick ring & pinion 3.36 for my 47

22. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

Received mine Friday, really happy that Ryan tried to get me 38. I am happy with 39 though! Here it is on my 39 box. image.jpg

Pinstriper40, Saxman and Scooterville like this.
  23. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Those're really nice!
    How much $ were they?

24. #70 landed in the NC foothills a few minutes ago.

Interesting backstory that shows what a standup guy Ryan is: I was traveling when the notice first went up that the knobs were available and I tried to access access PayPal via my phone. For whatever reason PayPal wouldn't let me input the correct zip code; when I put in my zip code it returned the wrong state. I started a conversation with Ryan who said he'd set one aside for me until I could get to my laptop at the hotel that night. When I reached my destination I tried again using the laptop and the transaction went through.

Thanks boss. It's really refreshing to know that there are still folks around who understand customer service.
    As we say in the South, "...'preciate it."

25. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Customer service? Shit man, I don't have one of those departments... It's literally just me. So, the TJJ store is slow at times, but I try to do everything with a personal touch. Least I can do for all the Alliance members that support my sorry ass!

Scooterville and TexasSpeed like this.
  26. Thanks again...

[​IMG]

thommoina33 likes this.
  27. D type

D type
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well the dog sled team made it here today with #84---- Thanks Ryan for takeing the time to make this happen and a BIG thank you to Saxman for shareing your craftmanship with us very nice !!!!

Saxman likes this.
  28. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mine arrived in the UK on Thursday. My wife opened the package and emailed me that it was a 'good number' - surely not 32 I thought? Seems 69 has some significance? ;) It's a beautiful thing, the knob that is, and I'm eagerly looking forward to banging gears in my 3w coupe :) Thanks guys.

Chris

Scooterville and Saxman like this.
  29. davidvillajr

davidvillajr

#51 for my '51, that's AWESOME!

I wish I could share it in place, but neither threads match up with the Mr. Gasket lever...

Time to find an adapter!

Attached Files:

30. Got #27, my sons college baseball jersey number! Ryan, these are beautiful and my hat is off to you and Saxman. What a great and special momento to pass on.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 30, 2015
    Saxman, thommoina33 and Scooterville like this.