Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Tall Velocity Stacks Manufacturer?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DRAFTStudio, May 27, 2015.

1. DRAFTStudio

DRAFTStudio

Hey guys, I'm looking for some tall (8-12") velocity stacks for a project I'm working on. They're not size/model specific, just need to be tall and 1-2" in diameter. Does anyone know of a manufacturer that may have something along those lines? I need 50-100 of them.

Would also be open to talking with someone who has the capability to manufacture them at comparable cost.

- Dave

[​IMG]

2. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. aaggie

aaggie

Cut Aluminum tubing to length and chuck it up in a lathe. You can bell mouth the end using a wood block. Getting that many the exact same size would be a problem.

4. DRAFTStudio

DRAFTStudio

Ahh, didn't think of that. Not a bad route, however I'll need to weld flanges to each one so them being plated steel instead of aluminum would be a bit of a pain in the ass. I'll have a look for stainless tips since I won't need to strip them prior to fabrication.

5. DRAFTStudio

DRAFTStudio

No lathe unfortunately.

6. Z06-LITE

Z06-LITE

I am liking your CX500. I have a CX650, but it is in a three wheeled Morgan replica.

7. DRAFTStudio

DRAFTStudio

I would love to see that.

8. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

CX500. Hell, I thought it was a Guzzi at first glance.

9. Z06-LITE

Z06-LITE

vvv[​IMG]
    Hope this works.

10. Why a lathe? Ive made my own by just forcing it over a wedge die (if you make one with a stop, they are consistent) then cut to length.

I do turn on a lathe for metal spinning, but never tried something that long/narrow.

11. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

exhaust pipe and do this, as recently seen right here. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1430602233.017429.jpg

12. Exhausted pipe was exactly what I was going to say. An exhaust shop could probably bang a bunch out with ease if, you don't have the equipment to do it yourself. Also, search "ram tubes".

13. DRAFTStudio

DRAFTStudio

This is great, thanks for the help guys. That ball hitch press is impressively simple. If I swapped out the ball hitch for a custom die that might be my answer.

Would the pipe (say 16G stainless) need to be heated to accomplish that or can you do it cold?

14. DRAFTStudio

DRAFTStudio

She's a beaute! When's she get the turbo!? :)

15. yruhot

yruhot

I love that,lol, where theres a will there's a way.

16. yruhot

yruhot

You know someone had a similar request on here a while ago and I remember someone who worked in a plumbing supply house had a suggestion that involved a tailpiece drainpipe that would come off a sink and I thought the was perfect. Long shot but maybe you could check with a real plumbing supply place not the big box stores. Hope it helps.

17. DRAFTStudio

DRAFTStudio

I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to. I haven't done much (any) interior plumbing.