Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1950 Pontiac Silver Streak w/ econoline front axle?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sqeaky Hinge, May 25, 2015.

1. Sqeaky Hinge

Sqeaky Hinge

I have a '50 Pontiac Silver streak fastback , the rear wheels have already been radiused out and it has a 455 / auto in it, I bought a '65 Ford Econoline front axle to finish off the Gasser look , has anyone ever done this type of setup on this kind of car? , Is the front end on the Pontiac the same bolt-in kingpin style as the Chevies of the same years? I am just wanting to know how much I am biting off before I get started , any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Attached Files:

2. Way different than a chevy frame/suspension setup.....the Pontiac has a pair of spring pockets in the front rails instead of the chevy's straight-rail frames. It can be done by one of 2 ways....either keep the original frame rails after stripping them and put up with the frame's "hipps' or slice 'em off and plate the resulting holes with steel plate.
    The other option is to cut off the entire front frame section and weld on some retangular tubing that closely matches the old frame's dimensions...
    your call.
    I've been looking for a decent 50 fastback for years so if I owned it, I'd repair the quarters and use the original Pontiac suspension but you didn't ask that, did you?
    Good luck.
    PS.........after looking at the photos, it looks pretty knarly with the radiused wheel wells.

3. Sqeaky Hinge

Sqeaky Hinge

Rocky , the car is for sale locally , and it can be your if you're interested , I'm asking $7500.00 for it. , my number is (304)920-8850, names Dallas...