Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lets see your kids or grandkids pedal cars!

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by RetroSteel, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Here is my boy's '36 Ford. I want to paint some stock looking hood sides, but haven't gotten to that yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Uncle Albert

Uncle Albert

My grandson Cams Candy Apple Red Merc.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  3. ringo 57

ringo 57
    from minnesota

My sons pedal car.

4. ringo 57

ringo 57
    from minnesota

My sons car

Attached Files:

5. LOWLYDE

LOWLYDE

Heres my daughters 51 merc with working tail lights

Attached Files:

6. octane

octane
    from Virginia

Finally finished this one up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Neither rain - or sleet - or cold can keep My Marie
    off the track .....

Jim :D

Attached Files:

8. Daddy-O

Daddy-O

Cool thread!

Been working on this one for tooooo looooong. My son may never appreciate the thing, but dad likes it! Bought the body on ebay. Made a chassis....but no pedals. He just turned 1, so it's a stroller for now, but 24 volt motor is mounted and ready to go. Stainless bumpers, grille, and headlight rings. Has working headlights and tail lights. Fully upholstered w/ fake convertible top too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RetroSteel and Speedys Garage like this.
  9. LOWLYDE

LOWLYDE

ive been looking for headlights for a while if you dont mind me asking what did you use

10. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My first ride in 1952...........

[​IMG]

11. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I like the gas powered and battery operated cars. I've got a couple of old Marx ride on cars, and pedal cars, and my dad's old soap box derby car from the 1940's. My kids are growing up fast so I'm going to be selling my 1955 Thunderbird Junior Powercar too. :(

Attached Files:

12. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

My girls had a couple of these. Wish I would have kept one...

Attached Files:

13. b-bop

b-bop

Here is my little grandson and daughters. Pedal cars were expensive when my girls were really little. By the time I got one and built it they were a lot bigger. The first pic is when they had all but outgrown it. My oldest daughter, the one on the left is now 24 and living way to far from home. This summer when she came home I dug the old sled out of the attic and modified it so that I could push and steer it from the back. My little buddy loved it. The red Deuce is the same little guy last Christmas. He could not even sit up by himself but sure looked cool driving his first hot rod. :D
    Here is a link to a blog my daughter wrote http://lissables.com/for-the-love-of-cars/

Attached Files:

14. DrivenDead

DrivenDead

What did you use for the headlights? Here is my build.

Attached Files:

15. Me and mine in '53 and a Speedway motors car I bought for my oldest grandson. Rockysfirsthotrod1953.jpg tonyscar1small.JPG

lothiandon1940 and RetroSteel like this.
  16. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

My "grandson's" (Ok, I'll admit it's mine but he gets to drive it) un-restored Mustang. He wants to buy me a new one so I don't have to keep this beat up one around.

Attached Files:

17. Here are a couple: First one is my grandson Jacob with his electric racer.Two 12v batteries push this one to about 10 mph.In the pic he was not quite 3 years old and it took him about 5 minutes to learn how to drive it.
    Next one is a custom built by 203 Custom Coach Works for a raffle.I lettered and striped it.
    Last one is a 32 pedal car done for a friend.The louvers are about 1/2 inch long and each one has a double stripe on them. Jake003.jpg Jake003.jpg MSU02.jpg

Attached Files:

18. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

littletruck.JPG Not exactly a pedal car, this one has a briggs engine under the bed my kids enjoyed driving this around when they were small.

19. raymay

raymay

Me in the 50's, our kids in the 70/80's and more recent our 3 grandsons.

scan0045.jpg IMG_5352.JPG 4-30-2013_009.JPG 4-30-2013_002.JPG jratrod.JPG carboys1.JPG IMG_2738.JPG

20. JAD717

JAD717

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1432357627.265765.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1432357808.607578.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1432357851.388960.jpg . Car I did for my daughter. Working headlights, tail lights, and real ignition switch.

RetroSteel likes this.
  21. dadseh

dadseh

First grandchild in my EH Pedal car.......

Attached Files:

22. DrivenDead

DrivenDead

A little further. Still need a steering wheel.

Attached Files:

23. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Found this one at a re-sale shop. It was PINK! Now, it's tangier orange with tacoma cream wheels and a little striping by "Montana". orange pedal car - 2015 034.JPG orange pedal car - 2015 046.JPG orange pedal car - 2015 037.JPG

RetroSteel and patmanta like this.
  24. DSC_0097.JPG DSC_0103.JPG Really Cool Pedal cars guys!
    I made this pedal car from scratch using aluminum. It was my first scratch build and made a lot of beginner mistakes, but I had fun and learned a lot.

RetroSteel and Speedys Garage like this.
  25. Chris hot rod 023.JPG Thisis my little grandson Christopher playing with the old cars his dad and uncles had. Hamb friendly junk that has been sitting & rotting now being used again. Chris hot rod 028.JPG Chris hot rod 028.JPG

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  26. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

LIGHTNING McQUEEN RUNNING SOME LAPS.... ODDS AND ENDS 2015 003.JPG

27. I picked up last spring a used Murray Sad Face pedal car. Years ago, it was a Toyo Tire raffle pedal car that a Toyo Tire Dealer would raffle for to a lucky customer. This one was yellow and had blue rims and blue Toyo lettering.
    March 2015 our grandson Jack was born and I thought I would build this pedal car for him (shh...it will be a Christmas gift) As I was restoring a Tokheim gas pump in Texaco red I sandblasted and got the pedal car painted at the same time.
    I retired March 2016 so I got the time to work on it and it is now finished!
    BEFORE:
    pedal #3.jpg

AFTER:

YEAH, IT'S GOT WHITEWALLS!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    Ron Funkhouser likes this.