Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stash of cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rowycoracing, Mar 19, 2013.

1. hendo0601

hendo0601
    from Tacoma, WA

Im still holding out hope of a few mopars in there somewhere!!! I just recently moved further north from Tacoma up to North Bend.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

3. spiders web

spiders web

Hurry up! Some of the pic show dead trees. If a tree falls in the woods and hits an old car, but no one sees it, does a HAMBER still weep in the quiet of his computer room?

Model T1, Hansa1100 and volvobrynk like this.
  4. spiders web

spiders web

Besides, What kind of relative would hide such a thing from a gearhead in the family. Oh the inhumanity of it all!!

5. 53 COE

53 COE
    from PNW

Our Dart came from the Spokane area, Cheney was its last resisting place before I fetched it last year. no a speck of rust on any of the original chrome - even though the roof paint had long since vanished in the summer sun - same as some of your pics.

That looks to be the same area perhaps. Cars certainly fair better over there. It is the desert compared to Bellingham. ;) On the wet west side, more likely to be covered in Moss.......

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  6. at least it fell on a 4 door ... :D

7. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I was at Yakima Firing Center in '62. No body getting ready or Afghanistan then. Liked it there. People were nice to us.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Woosies changed the name to the "Yakima Training Center" that sounds like a youth prison camp doesn't it? Their reasoning was that "firing center" gave some people bad vibes. They still "fire" the 175's in the middle of the night and we can hear them 30 miles away though.

rowycoracing I think the first thing to consider is the time line and how much effort you can put towards getting top dollar out of the cars for who ever ends up with the proceeds.

From the looks of things, if someone made me an honest offer of that day's over the scale scrap price plus somewhere between 50 and 100 dollars each for the burned ones I'd be having my hand out for the money. Since they are probably somewhere between Lake Chelan and Ellensberg by the looks of things it's going to take an effort to get them out of there without just hauling them as scrap by the closest scrap yard.

On the ones in the first photo I think if I had time I'd pull them out one at a time and clean them up and out and air the tires up and advertise them one or two at a time. Meaning that a wash and vacuum job and a bit of presentation and patience should be worth quite a bit in the sale price.

I just wish I had the money stashed away to buy one of the 52/54 Mercs right now but I'm project poor at the moment.

9. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

Thanks for the advice. The burned cars will go straight to scrap I think. There are plenty of other complete cars in pretty good shape that I will focus on.

10. Geeze I hate these kind of vultures.

Inventory, then in groups of one to five evaluate, get some roller tires on, and sell them. Helps to be able to haul them to another location to actually sell, but there's enough there you should easily be able to repay the investment in an older rollback, which will make removal a breeze as long as you can get it to the cars.

If a tree fell on it or something, yeah, part it out if you want to mess around with that. Bottom line, before you give away something for just over scrap, make sure it's not one that's worth considerably more than that.

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

Yes that is what I am planning to do. Maybe 2 or 3 at a time I think. Funny thing is one of the cars stored on a different property where everything is kept inside a building is a rollback. It looks to be in pretty good good shape. That must be how he was moving all the cars around. So yeah, I'll get that running first and then transport is easy. I am also getting hooked up with a local car club so I can get their advice and expertise.

Again, thanks all for the advice.

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

The HAMB is so legit.
    Some of the highest quality, knowedgble folks I have ever conversed with come here.
    Dont let that take away from the hoodlumness and low brow.
    To ask, request, require playing by our rules is common sense and good form.
    Too bad, that black Monterrey would ber a nice ringer for my 61 Galaxie.

Toqwik likes this.
  13. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

please add some more pics on here too. just because we like them.

14. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Looks like a good stash! :)
    I ran across one of those glass top cars once, tried to buy it but somebody else had beat me to it.

15. Hey man also if you have any 61-63 t bird stuff id be interested.. and yes more pics. Love em.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. Im not usually a four door guy but I really love (from what I can see of it) the blue 58 Buick. I have zero idea what its worth, but it would be a cool road tripping car. If you ever get prices figured out shoot me a PM with some specifics.

Mark

61farnham likes this.
  17. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

X

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    Model T1 likes this.
  18. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

I have been spending some time this spring sorting through the trash to find the treasures. Here is a group of

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    volvobrynk likes this.
  19. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

After we trimmed the weeds you can better see

volvobrynk likes this.
  20. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

21. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

X

volvobrynk likes this.
  22. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

In one of the garages is a complete set of paint books. Late 40's to mid 60's colors. Value?

volvobrynk likes this.
  23. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

X

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    volvobrynk likes this.
  24. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

X

Squablow, kiwijeff and volvobrynk like this.
  25. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

This old Dodge Sweptline pulled from the bushes outside the barn is pretty beat up but it kind of grows on you. D200, 383 V8. To scrap or not to scrap...

volvobrynk likes this.
  26. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

That is a awesome find! Not only the cars, but the whole yard.
    Is it a long lost relative, or did he just had more cars than you knew of?

Does these cars have any sentimental value to you? Pics of the roll back?

Don't junk anything before you gave it a chance too sell! There might be a guy that needs the bed and drivetrain

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  27. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

He just had a lot more stashed away than we realized until he passed and we started cleaning up the mess. We went to pay property taxes for the estate and discovered a couple of large parcels he owned that we never knew about. A few of the vehicles have enough sentimental value for us to hang on to for a little while but there are 84 cars so all but maybe 4 or 5 need to go. Sorry no I do not have any good pics of the roll back.

28. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Okay, sorry for your loss. Hope life moves on, and that these cars gets a better future then becoming a Toyota!
    Sorry that was blasphemy.

Hope they goes to a deserving HAMBer!
    Good luck, and looking forward too pictures.

29. Watching this one! Quite a stash you've got there...

30. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Two years to get to this point....Anything been advertised or sold? Know a guy in Yakima that has Crosley parts? I owe him a punch in the face..

volvobrynk likes this.