Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Stick Shifts 33 Indian Truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stick Shift, May 22, 2015.

1. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

As some know I was involved in a bad accident in my 33 truck. Insurance company totaled the truck and I bought it back. It took 6 months before I would go look at it. It took over 7 months till I started to strip it and save the good parts. It is hard to work on it since I am on crutches and still mending two broken legs but I call it physical therapy. Lol.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

2. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

This was my first afternoon working on getting rid of what Titus called the ugly. :)

Attached Files:

3. jim mchargue

jim mchargue

Oh man..did the accident drive the grille and all that far back? Glad you are on the mend...and your kool truck too....i will be rooting for you!

Stick Shift likes this.
  4. Glad to hear a status update on you. Slow road to recovery for sure.
    Also, happy to hear you have the motivation to work on the 33,
    it's got to be a hard thing to do.

HOTRODPRIMER and Stick Shift like this.

5. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Easy to tell in these pics how bad the frame and axle are bent.

Attached Files:

HOTRODPRIMER and volvobrynk like this.
  6. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Thanks guys. Yes the grill and radiator did get moved back. The engine got shoved in the cowl.

Attached Files:

AHotRod and volvobrynk like this.
  7. Glad you're on the mend and able to get out and take stock of the damage.Looks bad.

8. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

So glad your fixing it!

(BTW how much for the Hornet?)

9. Wow! Glad to hear you are doing better and able to work on the truck. I understand the physical therapy deal. This stuff is mental therapy for me...

10. town sedan

town sedan

All I can say is expletive deleted! Stick Shift I'm glad your well enough to share this with us. You will get better with time. But I'm not sure if your truck will buff out. Take care and good luck with everything.
    -Dave

Stick Shift likes this.
  11. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

That was a nice truck, pre crash! I don't like to see a crashed hot rod of any kind. But it makes me happy that you choose to rebuild it!
    I hope it brings you some happiness and remedy.
    I will enjoy following this.

12. williebill

williebill

Hell of a way to recess your firewall. Good luck with your truck and recovery.

Spoggie and Stick Shift like this.
  13. Glad you are on it, good luck with the rebuild. Wrecked my first Model A on the first day I drove it, total of 7 miles, back in the day.

162625_176007025765571_100000688246359_445886_64446_n.jpg 167310_176006155765658_2889053_n.jpg

14. ...Scott is a fellow Tin Butcher club member, he's come a long way since the accident, you gotta admire his determination and attitude;..now it's the truck's turn ...here's a shot before the damage, this shot taken at the Vintage Torquefest show in Dubuque Iowa.
    2014 t-fest 017.jpg

hendelec, HOTRODPRIMER, bct and 4 others like this.
  15. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Glad you have the gumption to jump back on your truck...it is/was one cool rig.
    Good luck, and I agree that it is really good therapy !!

16. Hope it totaled the vehicle that hit you, and I hope the insurance company paid you enough to fix it right. Wish I lived close enough to come over and help you. That was a sweet truck before it was wrecked, like everything about it. I like the looks of commercial lettering on an old truck. My '38 is lettered as a shop truck for Drake Motor Co., the local Ford dealer from 1928-1956. Phone 13.

17. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Thanks everyone. As for as insurance goes I got what I had it insured for but I did not up the insurance from when I 1st started driving it 10 years ago. My fault but something is better than nothing. :)

The 2nd afternoon I took front fenders off. The right fender only had a few bolt holding it on since most of the fender balled up in the accident.

Attached Files:

18. Sure glad to hear you're somewhat OK. The truck is screwed. The cab looks to be twisted pretty bad too or is an optical illusion? Lots of work ahead, don't over do it! Tim

19. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I too hate to see that. Scary knowing I too drive one. But I wouldn't give it up for the world and obviously you too have the fortitude and determination. Glad to hear you're in the mending stages.

20. Glad to see you are mending and in time will be back 100%. Truck sure looks bad though. Looks like to me you would be better off to get another one and save the good from the old one and build another.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  21. wow , pretty gnarly... glad your on the mend... wishing you good luck on the repair rebuild....

22. hellerods

hellerods

Good luck , hope you mend up quickly, keep posting your progress

23. Where are your club members? They should be over there helping you pull that truck apart. Good luck on the rebuild. Hope thing go well on your recovery.

24. Good to see you home and well enough to work on it.

25. Scary stuff there. Glad you survived and are here to talk about it. Keep up the good progress.

26. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool - Thanks for update on yourself, and truck. Lots of trauma involved but, with enough determination most anything can be overcome. you have a lot of people cheering you on. have long term plans and goals but, take one day at a time.

27. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

That is more scary every time I see it!
    The more you "pealing the onion" the more scared I get!
    Did your knees do that to the dash? What did the column do to you chest? That can't be pretty either

Is that a 3 piece kain (sp?) you got leaned up against the rear fender?

HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.
  28. Ouch for both you and the pickup.
    Keep the progress pics coming.

29. Glad you're ok and want to put it back on the road. It doesn't look like it hurt the aluminum covers on the motor...that's a plus. How was it power wise with the pinto (and is it stock), sorry to deviate from the thread but I'm building a Tudor with the same set-up....(you can PM me if you don't want to post on the thread).

30. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

YIKES!!. Go for it. Thumb your nose to the world and say..BS,I may be down but not beat.What a story line this truck will have and it will mean much more to you when you are both up and "running" again. Good Luck