Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods opinions...banger or v8

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Clark, Mar 25, 2015.

1. maybe run it at next years ROG. See if anyone there will pony up the cash. it will have the target audience there!

2. Got to chuckle I actually would buy it if I had cash, then I would have winter transportation with 4 wheels. :D

A long time ago there was this goofy guy that lived out in the country south of here that had a yearly party that everyone called the "Annual Ozark Field Race" all kinds of oddities showed up for the weekend of fun. That little car would have been perfect just as it is.

volvobrynk likes this.
  3. Clark

Clark

Pork...with a nice knobbie tire it would be a blast in the snow! If I could keep it I was thinking it would be fun to ice race it once.
    Clark

4. ................................I got a real chuckle out of that comment.:):D:):D

Texas Webb and volvobrynk like this.
  5. You know you wouldn't ice race it once. :D I went up to Saskatchewan to tune the ice racers bike once in the '70s and have wanted to go play ice racing ever since. Somebody help me :D

I actually would ride that little roadster in the winter, it couldn't be any worse than the bike and the missus doesn't like me out in the snow and ice on two wheels any more. Trust me the banger would be good for the beaner and if he wasn't so damned tight assed he would be finding a way to own it.

that said, I still think that you are well off to toss a flatty 8 in it and sell it to someone who doesn't know or understand the finer things in life. That banger will be the koolest thing on the block in another little rod in another 15 years or so. ;)

6. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I think it would be easier to sell to the general public with a flattie than the banger. And yes you can count me in the crowd of people that say, but what do I know?

volvobrynk likes this.
  7. Entlebucher

Entlebucher

If you want to keep (and drive) it: keep the banger!
    If you try to sell it: Flatty V8, just to keep that healthy banger.

Clark likes this.
  8. That's a special car and somewhere there is a special buyer that "gets it". Maybe you just haven't marketed it in the right place and in the right way. You're not selling a car, you're selling a time machine. A kind of mechanical nostalgia. I know I'm a sucker for it. If I had the coin, I'd own it just like it sits!!

On the other hand, it sounds like you really like that little mill and wouldn't mind keeping it. A flatty mill might make it more marketable but I think that a potential buyer that recognizes what that car is about when they see it, will understand the 4-banger.

Clark likes this.
  9. wsdad

wsdad

Well, you asked our opinion so here's mine.

If you had more time, you could wait for the perfect buyer that would fall in love with the whole concept and just have to have it at a reasonably high price. But in order to sell it relatively quickly, I think you should cast as wide a net as possible. I think you should have a flatty and a chevy 350 and a ford 5.0 photoshopped into it and say,"Your choice."

What do you care what it looks like in someone else's garage? Are you going to make them give it back to you if they paint it pink and put sand paddle tires on it?

Selling it solves the problem (the problem is, you need money). Caring what it looks like after someone else buys it brings the problem back.

Putting the engine that they want in it will bring them to your door. (Maybe they already have one of their own in mind.) Once there, they may test drive it with the banger still in it and become infected by your enthusiasm for it.

Good luck! Hope it goes well.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
    Clark likes this.
  10. Yep ... I also hope it sells "as is" ... because that is just way too cool. It's not like it's going to be a grocery getter, or car pool lane candidate ... although it would definitely do as asked, I'm sure. I love this little modified. You done good, and I'm knocking wood down here ... hoping for a lottery ticket. Not me, but for you. Good luck man. Be nice if the money Gods shine upon you, more so then this guy.

Clark likes this.
  11. I'd like to put that banger in my coupe

Clark likes this.
  12. mike bowling

mike bowling

Whatever you do ,DON"T put a small block Chevy in THAT car!!! I mean, really. Pull that banger out, throw in a stock banger with a dual intake and a header and sell it as a RACE car because THAT'S what it IS. ( Or keep that car as is, and make your kids go to work.)

Attached Files:

Clark likes this.
  13. Clark

Clark

Thanks for the replies. ..all good info

I've been driving the car and it drives surprisingly well at 55. Runs a little over 2000 rpm at 55. Has to pull harder on the hills.

Talking to someone right now on the car. Got a possible partial trade with body and money
    Clark