Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical close drive shaft

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by neto, May 20, 2015.

1. neto

neto

I want to know if somebody sells a kit to convert close drive shaft to open for a 41 chevy

2. Backage

Backage
    from New York

Try Bob Drake

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The "kit" would include a complete 55-57 Chevy rear end and driveshaft and standard transmission. Now hook up your 216 or later 235 and you're ready to go.
    Alternately and easier to find, a complete 250 six cylinder drivetrain from a 67-74 Nova would be a good swap, either standard or automatic. I helped a friend put that combo (with automatic) in a stock 37 Chevy in one weekend back in the early 80s. The exhaust etc was a combo of stock pieces and the car was driving the next weekend.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  4. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Another thought; I believe it's either Patrick's or Langdon's that sells a kit to install a Saginaw 4-speed and KEEP the enclosed driveline. But, they need your mainshaft from the Saginaw to machine/modify it first. You'd also need a different bellhousing to bolt the Saginaw to the engine. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

5. Actually the 330 HP 350 would be a better swap out of the same Nova. LOL :D

Those old 10 bolts are cheap and plentiful and the Nova should be about the right width.

6. DeucemanLt1

DeucemanLt1

What are you trying to do? What engine, trans etc.?