Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods looking at this. what ya think 31 coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Evolution, May 18, 2015.

1. Evolution

Evolution
    from c

hi there looking at a couple of A's for a build, one of which is this for 3,200 plus shipping comes with wood kit and patch panels , what you guys think? thanks

Attached Files:

2. damnfingers

damnfingers

Pass on it...you can buy running "A's" for a few $1000 more and if you get tired of the build sell them.

3. I think you could do better, there are a couple of rollers in our class ads now that I would jump on if I had money to play cars with today.

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

what State are you in? would maybe help to find you something closer to see in person

5. Model T1

Model T1

I agree. look around. A lot of money for what's there.

6. Squablow

Squablow

Very curious to see some of these running A coupes for $5K. The coupe body pictured above has a butchered firewall and looks like it's missing the windshield frame and visor. If a stock firewall, visor, and WS frame is included, I think that's a good price for a 30/31. Without, I'd have to see more to really tell. How are the subrails?

prewarcars4me likes this.
  7. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

This sold last year as a pile of parts for $2,500. It has a rebuilt banger and just sold again for under $5k running and driving.

[​IMG]

8. You are not likely to find a running bone in the 5K range they are up in the 10=15K range for running stockers or barn finds as a rule.

That said in the 5K to7K range there are some pretty nice rollers in our classifieds and they are all over the country so one could find one relatively close to home for that.

If I was in Calif and had cash in hand to buy I would be all over this one:

http://jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/1931-ford-coupe.970458/unread

And there is actually a roller near to stock closer to me here for in that price range ) actually its closer to you):

http://jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/1928-model-a-barn-find.975482/

But you are absolutely correct you have to get out of this price range for a runner.

9. Roger53

Roger53

Hi It makes A big diffrents on were you live for me I'd look it over pretty good. Because by the pic's it's pretty good for the rusty state of maine. Roger

10. Evolution

Evolution
    from c

the rails are not in good shape, so i passed thanks guys ill be putting a wanted add on here later tonight thanks

11. Evolution

Evolution
    from c

are the rails an issue? im just after a body really for a build ill go with aftermarket chassis thanks

12. rockfish

rockfish

Which rails are you referring too? The frame rails or the subrails on the body? Only the subrails are important if you're going to build your own chassis from scratch.

13. Evolution

Evolution
    from c

was the subrails, thanks. i condacted the guy with the 31 in Cali but it sold, that looked perfect too thanks ppl