Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Anyone in the Fort Collins area??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodmano, May 14, 2015.

1. hotrodmano

hotrodmano
    from Norway

Might end up in Fort Collins, Colorado for different reasons. Is there any HAMBers around there.

2. '48IHC

'48IHC

Too bad. I just moved from Greeley to Topeka KS.

3. rexrogers

rexrogers

We ar in loveland which is about 10 miles south of Fort collins. Your welcome to stop in the shop I can give you a quick tour.

4. dinokruzordinance

dinokruzordinance

theres a giant vintage salvage yard in fort collins

5. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Maybe not a ton of guys from there on here, but theres some great rods and shops in Ft Collins and the area around. And Denver isnt much of a jaunt, and there' always something going on down here

6. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Lots of rodders in Longmont, the ColoRODans club is there...prolly a ton in Ft. Collins too...lots of rodders in Denver and environs...but don't think a lot of them are full fledged HAMBers...they might look in but participation is nil...

R-

7. rexrogers

rexrogers

There is a local cruise in every Friday. And depending on when your out here a few shows are piping up

8. Hot Rod Cowboy

Hot Rod Cowboy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I grew up just south of Fort Collins in Berthoud. I wish I was still in northern Colorado.

I haven't lived there in awhile, but there is a fair bit of car stuff in the summer (after the salt clears the roads). People used to drive from all over the state to cruise Main St in Longmont on Friday and Saturday. They have shut that down, though I believe they have 1 or 2 designated cruise nights in the summer still. It seems like it was always a little more "street rod" than "traditional", but start spreading the gospel convert them!

If you need any engine work, US Automotive Machine in Loveland are good family friends and build great motors. They host a small show at their shop every year. Tom and Jeff have built motors for years for my dad's pulling truck. Tell them Durf's son sent you or just remember the truck's name is Care Bear. Good folks.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  9. hotrodmano

hotrodmano
    from Norway

Thanks guys. Looks like my mission might be old schooling the Fort Collinsians he he. Get them to get rid of radials, fenders and other stuff mooooaha...!!!

10. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Pay a visit to Newstalgia paint and see Adam, young guy throwing out some killer paint work and kustoms. Freakshow tattoo, the owner is big on hot rods of all kinds and motorcycles as well. If theres anything auto related going on those 2 know about it or are involved in it. Pinkees in loveland does some killer builds as well. Swing down to Golden the first saturday of the month for the HUGE cruise night.
    The car scene in this state is really great, something going on every night of the week for the summer it seems

11. Hey guys, I know this thread is about a year old, but I just came across it. I just moved to Fort Collins about 2 months ago from San Diego, and am loving it here. Looking for some other car guys to hang out with and do some wrenching.
    I checked out the website for The Forge, it looks awesome! I'd love to stop by some time.

What/where is this vintage salvage yard in FC? I did some googling, couldn't find what you're talking about! Thanks!

12. rexrogers

rexrogers

Stop by the shop anytime I can give you a quick tour.
    http://martinsupplyautoparts.com/ 8405 US-34, Windsor, CO 80550 this is the salvage yard.

Loveland has a small cruise in every friday night, depending on the weather.

Our shop is sponsoring a show downtown loveland on June 4th
    http://hotcarscoolnights.com/

13. Great area to be in....

14. Cool thanks! I will definitely swing by sometime, I appreciate the invite. I'll try to make a Loveland cruise sometime soon too, and especially the June 4th show.