Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hammered In Wisconsin With Baileigh & Jimmy Shine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 13, 2015.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Hammered In Wisconsin With Baileigh & Jimmy Shine

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Lucky man.Cool story and pictures.

3. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds like a real fun trip. They make some nice equiptment. So... whats the ending of the bar run in?

4. Cool story. I really enjoyed that. Damn, I'd like to try my hand at metal shaping sometime. I doubt that I have an talent for it at all, but it would be a blast to try. If nothing else, I'm just amazed to see what can be done. I got to chat with Jimmy for quite a while at SEMA once. I was expecting a somewhat arrogate "celebrity" attitude, but I didn't get that at all. He was just a regular dude.

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

IMG_20150511_075404.jpg Ryan it was great meeting and talking with you. The class was a blast and I learned a lot from all the instructors. I highly recommend this to anyone interested in metal shaping. I will be taking more classes soon to continue to learn this art. The only thing I wish, is that it lasted longer. You described it perfect!!!

Murphy32, J.Ukrop and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. WOW! What a trip! You piss-off Jimmy Shine, get back in his good graces, see some extremely cool shit, get into a bar fight (well maybe) and do some metal forming. He really does look a little like Billy Ray Cyrus though.:D:eek:

7. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

Didn't get a chance to introduce myself to you. It was a great class and for someone who has never used those tools it was a great learning experience.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You too man... And - that was fun, huh? I really, really enjoyed it.

Story of my life... No one wants to talk to the creepy quiet guy with the camera! :)

60'coupe likes this.
  9. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Great article. I really enjoyed reading about your trip. @Ryan were the pictures shot with your Leica or Fuji?

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

These were all either shot with a Sony A7s using Leica glass or with a Leica M7 film camera using the same glass. I was pretty disappointed with my photography actually.

11. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

This whole freakin' story is cool, it's great when things start out shaky, then take a hard left into COOL territory.

12. More than just metal got shaped on that trip.
    Great story!

13. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

That sounds like it was a blast! I tried to get in there, but it filled up too quick. Now I see why... Thanks for the great review, I'm gonna have to get in quicker next time.

14. Katula

Katula
    from Austin, TX

That was a great read, and certainly a great set of memories.

15. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

really enjoyable read............glad you got to go

16. wvenfield

wvenfield

Nice. Another example where you have to clean up things most of us never have to deal with.

It's cool you questioned whether this was proper but IMO it most certainly was. Baileigh has long been an asset here and your piece shows why.

I have to think being able to experience something like this which most of us never will, offsets some of the other garbage. Good for you.

17. Model T1

Model T1

Thanks. Really enjoyed reading this story.

18. silent rick

silent rick

that was me who called jimmy

19. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

how do you know what a wart on a fat man's ass looks like?

thank you for contributing to the economy of the Great State of Wisconsin. Buy more Beer!

20. Good read and you helped me confirm that I need to attend one of these classes when the next opportunity comes up. I wasn't quite sure if it was for someone who had little experience with it. Just the drive to learn. The Shine experience was pretty cool as well. Goes to show you can't always judge someone before you get to know them.

21. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Right on brother......glad you finally made it home

Ryan and lothiandon1940 like this.
  22. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

I have met Jimmy a couple of times, found him to be a great guy. You seem to get to do all the good shit. Awesome Story.

23. patterg2003

patterg2003

I can appreciate the dilemma of a vendor offering a trip to one of their events as I have been in that situation a few times in my work life. You did an excellent job of describing the event & the people at the event. The article spoke with the perfect balance to the adventure and the people that you met. Very well done.

24. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

25. Great reading, thanks.

26. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Yes, terrible photos,, it would be best if you sent me your unneeded film cameras and stick with iphone and Instantgram photos. Just kidding,, they were very good, the outside ones were better, shotting people in grouops or classes is tough, do you focus on the people or the equipment? The ones doing the work? Or the ones watching?

I first met Jimmy at the the first GNRS in Pomona, we were in the Palace for set-up and he had wandered over from the So Cal display. He was quiet, we were almost alone in the building, we knew who he was from the TV show. He stopped to look at Chick's pinstriping and the conversations started from pinstirping to tats to cars to land speed. Since then we have ran into him at a number of events. He is a nice quiet guy, a family man that does not crave attention.

27. NoSurf

NoSurf

Nice write up.

If you say Mr Shine is cool, then he is.

28. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good read. You the Boss, do whatever the hell you like.

29. WWinIL

WWinIL

I attended a class a few summers ago at Baileigh Inc. and at the same level of non-expierience found it to be an awesome experience. Just as you described it Ryan. Shane and all involved were the most professional and eager to teach as well as listen and answer questions. Top Notch ! I recommend anyone to attend, it's well worth it.

A couple of observations:

Against Shane's suggestion I roomed at let's say one of Manitowoc's less than 4 star hotels. They had a wonderful complimentary waffle bar for breakfast. No talking,no eye contact, no fighting. I'm just sayin'.

Watch out for that Jimmy guy. Loosely translated Falschlehner = Brouhaha ...

"Wart on a fat man's ass" = Patina

Perhaps a short run of Floyd M approved T-shirts "Mayhem in Manitowoc" is in order ?

30. seatex

seatex

Sounds like a great trip rolled in with awesome opportunity. I met Shine and his dad and brother a few years ago at the Day of the Drags, hot rodders thru and thru, and didn't mind at all spending time talking about rodding. Great guys................thanks for the read, glad 'ya made it back in one piece and with all of your digits!