Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What bead roller dies are a must have?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chad Hendrick, May 12, 2015.

1. Chad Hendrick

Chad Hendrick

I'm new to the bead roller community. And I have just purchased the Baileigh Br-18e-24. I also purchased for it the 1/8" step roll die and the 1/4" round bead die. Needing input on what you all think are the other must have dies. Mostly what I will be doing will be making firewall panels, some interior panels, floor panels, and on occasion possibly engine compartment panels.

2. Ralph

Ralph

Tipping dies would come in handy for when you want to form a flange along a curve.

3. Chad Hendrick

Chad Hendrick

Thanks Ralph! I never thought about that one. I'll put that one on the to buy list. I appreciate the info

4. weps

weps
    from auburn,IN

I also suggest the 'Tipping' dies, opens up a whole world of making cool/helpful parts.
    also a set of 'shear' dies that speed up cutting off long strips of metal for things like fan
    shrouds.....

5. Chad Hendrick

Chad Hendrick

Thanks weps! I appreciate the info!

6. I don't think I've ever had use for an 1/8" offset die, but one material thickness offset I use all the time. one for 20ga. one for 16ga. Another useful die is a wide bead die 3/16x1" or 1 1/2", works great on floors. Tipping die and a urethane skate wheel will get you into some artsy stuff too.

7. Chad Hendrick

Chad Hendrick

Thanks for the info Steve! I'm just hoping that I have what dies are needed on hand to build the panels I need, so I don't come across something and have to wait 4 days for a die to show up so I can finish my work. That would be frustrating