Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage My Video - Lone Star Roundup 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JMel, May 11, 2015.

1. JMel

JMel

Here's a video I put together from the roundup last month. This includes cruise from Dallas to Austin, Meatheads kickoff, BBQ, the show, Top Notch, and shenanigans by a bunch of children with drivers licenses, tattoos, and cool cars.

Its a bit on the long side...but had so much fun i couldn't decide what to cut out. Its my first video, so camera work kind of sucks, and I wasn't patient enough to learn Adobe Premier so it was put together using moviemaker and it did some weird cropping that kind of ticked me off. But, I think i can take a descent photograph, and I have a lot of pictures in there to help make up for it.

Asphalt Demon likes this.
  2. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

Got to 1:45 and stopped. I'm sure the video is great, and I did not want to just watch it in silence but the song ended it for me. Sorry I guess I'm a wimp.

3. JMel

JMel

Haha...its all good. Video sound would have been even more annoying. Most of it is just wind noise or random giberish.

Can't make everybody happy with music these days. Rockabilly is safest bet in car world.

4. A Boner

A Boner

Thanks, felt like I was lucky enought to make it there!

JMel likes this.

5. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I was there but watched the video anyway. I almost forgot about the rain. Thanks

JMel likes this.
  6. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Nice video. Thanks for sharing.

JMel likes this.
  7. OK Video,,,BUT..dont give up your day job..

8. JMel

JMel

Don't plan on it. Hopefully my photography made it more tollerable. My camera work is weak and very shaky. And have a hellova time focusing by looking on the screen on back of camera.

I will blame microsoft movie maker for a lot of the crappyness though. My project phase looks a hellova lot better than produced version. Music lines up way better in project. Spent a lot of time making it line up. once produced, the music was off by 2, 3, 4+ seconds. And it cropped the hell out of most of the video for some reason. Really upset me after spending 10+ hours going through footage and putting it together.

9. 48stude

48stude

Cool piece of film. Feels like I was there.. I enjoyed the heck out of it. Great Eye. Bill

JMel likes this.
  10. I really enjoyed the video but like a few others it's not my type of music,turn down the sound and listened to some ZZ TOP. :D HRP

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  11. JMel

JMel

Meh, as said before, can't make everybody happy with music choices. Could put ZZ Top and somebody would bitch because it wasn't country. Could put country, then everybody would bitch because its country. :)

I get it though, If I see a video with hard punk or that growling crap, I suddently turn irate. Ended up just putting music that I like on it. I guess thats why god gave us a mute button. ;)

Don't mute it too long, i have about a minute of the dragsters during the crackle fest.

12. Good stuff...wire to wire.

JMel likes this.
  13. bscc50

bscc50
    from n.e.

cool video, thanks for posting.

JMel likes this.
  14. blackrat40

blackrat40
    Member Emeritus

Really enjoyed the video. I had the sound off, so the wife wouldn't bitch, so missed all the music.

JMel likes this.
  15. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool - Thanks

JMel likes this.
  16. Terrific video, particularly your creative close-ups! Don't fret about the music critics;
    you know what they say...."You can please some of the people some of the time, but
    you'll never...........".

willbe and JMel like this.
  17. Why is everyone bitching about the music, if you don't like his music choice, turn your sound off, fool!
    To the OP thanks for the video, looks like you found the PMS crowd today. (Piss and Moan Susie)

bengeltiger, willbe and JMel like this.
  18. crusty&rusty

crusty&rusty

WOW best kick ass video I've seen in a long time!!

JMel likes this.
  19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Works for me. Great video!

willbe and JMel like this.
  20. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

Great Vid thanks for sharing

JMel likes this.
  21. Rusty Karz

Rusty Karz

I got no complaints. Great video and appropriate music. Thanks for posting it.

JMel likes this.
  22. JMel

JMel

Thank you for all of the comments. I'm not worried about the music. Although I did question picking a song or two with a few curse words...but hey, show me somebody who doesn't cuss while working on their car, and I'll show you a liar.

I'm a photographer by trade, and have never had any interest in video. But my latest and greatest camera had HD video capabilities, so I figured what the hell, lets try to put one together. I really had fun doing it, and will be researching techniques to hold the camera steady and how to properly edit video using capable editing software better than the crappy windows movie maker. I struggled the most with focusing as I can't see if the image is tack sharp using the screen on the back of the camera, and AF doesn't work great in video mode on an SLR unless there is a trick to it that I haven't learned yet.

Again, I really appreciate the input. I picked music that I liked, and thought it was appropriate enough given the subject.

23. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

I likes the video and the music!

JMel likes this.
  24. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Cool vid! I liked the music. Not sure why there's all the bitchin'... Just turn the music off and watch it, jeesh.

JMel likes this.
  25. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hang in there, JMel. You supplied some cool video, and most all of these CRITICS didn't. Ready to see next installment, uh, LSRU '16 ? Hopefully, a REVOLUTION '16 ? What say you, Ryan ?

JMel likes this.
  26. Silverplate

Silverplate

Thanks for sharing, enjoyed it. It's all about the pics, you can always mute.

JMel likes this.
  27. JMel

JMel

There will certainly be a '16. And I've never been to the Revolution but have been anxious to go. My '27 wasn't traditional enough to get in - which is irrelevant because I sold it. I'm building a '31 and am going hard core traditional with it, so hopefully that will be able to make an appearance sometime in the future.

28. Shorty

Shorty

Wish I could have been there! The music was good enough for me. Beats watching the news on the boob tube....

JMel likes this.
  29. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

I enjoyed it. Thank you

JMel likes this.
  30. I dig it, Thanks!

JMel likes this.