Register now to get rid of these ads!

The last Grasp Special '34 3 window build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whodaky, Mar 23, 2012.

1. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thanks for that Tom. Lance definitely gets them sitting right. Tony is going to love those shots.
    I think he will also like the image I just did, also.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2015
    tommyflathead likes this.
  2. Wardog

Wardog

Tommy I'm lost for words. I like the tail light treatment, customised old ford gear to keep them guessing.

3. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Of course if Lance and Diane dropped into Tony's. Tony would have to take them out to Carol and Frank's.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

4. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

maybe something like this.
    Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

509garyd and tommyflathead like this.
  5. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

It's about time I have said a few words , wardog your coupe looks good now and with a chop and a drop it will look better, its hard when Geoff messes around with the shots and you see the alterations it makes your mind up how it will look when you one day change it, he's done it on my coupe now I can't wait to chop and drop my 34 coupe , Tom's coupe looks cool done this way and hope he will give it the chop and drop look one day . And a dream of mine is to see one of Lance and Di's hot rod parked in my drive , now Geoff has set the image spot on , now for the reality to come through . Lance and Di that roadster is real cool ,I really loved it from the first time I saw it and we crazed all w/end in it years ago.

6. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

ah ha. I knew you would find something to say about those images Tony.
    As I said on the phone, I got a bunch of prints done recently. The shot of the Austin parked out the front of your garage is so realistic, it is hard to tell from a small print that it wasn't actually parked there!

Geoff aka whodaky

7. jocktherock

jocktherock
    from Sweden

Wow...,Eveeerything is so right on that Sorchike automobil and they got the only Police Special tachometer in entire world-wow! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1431310238.653708.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Of course Tony had to get Lance to drive the roadster all the way down to here to show him his 5W. I hope they stopped in to see Tom along the way?

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

9. Hey Wardog Looks like you are going to be busy ha ha! Nice work Whodaky, nothing like sewing the seed hey.

10. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

ah ha, Gary. It is sought of like messing with peoples head in a very obvious way.
    But seeing what can be done, in this case on the computer. One sees the possible outcome in a different perspective.
    I use the computer as an essential tool when I want to alter things. A big part of that is taking multiple images from different angles and then uploading them and viewing them on the computer. It can almost be like looking at something through someone else's eyes. If that all makes sense.

Geoff aka whodaky

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  11. Yeah Geoff your computer skills are as good as your hot rod building skills no doubt about that.

Hey Tommy that roadster is just awesome mate and I'm sure it's even better to see in the flesh.

I also thought I would show some pics of a 46 ford coupe that I just purchased today, ideally it will make a great family cruiser, it's still LHD and needs a general tidy up including a bit of mechanical work but overall it will work out ok I hope, plans for new wheels are a definite including white walls and few other minor changes here and there. I brought this of a guy here locally in Heidelberg who imported it back in 2009 because he liked the shape of it and had intentions of just using it as a weekend driver but he never really got around to doing much with it because of other projects he has on the go. It's running a flathead, 3 speed on the floor and original diff still. Seems to drive ok but needs a new carb and manifold set up which I happen to have. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1431350448.675572.jpg

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  12. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

GaryD great score man, love the colour ! Hey what sort of heads are on your flattie ?

13. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

14. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

15. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Looking good Gary D. When we were in New Zealand, running arounnd in Mike's spinner. He told us about the gearbox conversion he had done for it. Basically it is a 3 speed all syncro box out of a Mustang. Tony knows the full details. It really made the spinner way more user friendly in todays traffic. But still looked the part with the column shift. I think the gearbox is still a toploader style and can be convertd to floor shift using the appropriate jeep shifter, or a I guess a regular style floor shift conversion!
    I am sure you'll get the new coupe looking the part Gary.
    Thanks for more great shots Tom.

Geoff aka whodaky

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  16. Wardog

Wardog

The A pick up is cool, another slammed hot rod.

17. Hey Tommy and Geoff thanks for the feedback about the new coupe, Tommy the heads are Edmunds custom heads. Geoff I plan on calling Tony one night this week if I can get home form work early enough?? and I will quiz him over the gear box for sure, thanks again and hope everyone has a good day today.

18. jocktherock

jocktherock
    from Sweden

The owner is the designer aswell! Sorry for hijacking,could not help ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1431397127.969492.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1431397145.783408.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

509garyd and tommyflathead like this.
  19. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Is OK JTR. We always love your input. Tom and Tony have know Diana and Lance for many years.

Geoff aka whodaky

20. Found this number plate topper and some wheel spats today in the boot of the coupe, can't wait to get it home from my work where I've got it stored until I get the roadworthy done and then I can really start working on it. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1431426350.783611.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1431426381.254317.jpg

21. Wardog

Wardog

Looks good Gary. A 46/48 Ford/ Mercury coupe is on my wish list.

22. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Sits nice GaryD. Maybe down just a touch at the front or up a tad at the back. See what it looks like with the new wheel and tyre combination.
    Tell the truth, you saw those side mirrors and that made it for you?
    MM, maybe need to find some chrome bmpers?

Geoff aka whodaky

23. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Hey Gary D. I lifted the back up a little, maybe looks better? I tried bringing the front down before this but it was starting to look to low in the front. Of course these changes may not look as good in real life.
    Oh, I also lost the mirrors.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

24. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

I suppose a quick road trip was necessary?
    The painted bumpers are even starting to grow on me!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

25. Yeah love your work Geoff, you have read my mind about mirrors and bumpers, I managed to paint the back bumper in matt silver today just until I get them chromed and I are sure it will make a difference already. I also got my new side mirrors today as well....

Now I just need to work on the wheels and what colour rims will suit and then I am hoping the tyre size difference between front and back should fix the stance as well? Yeah I cannot wait to take it on a drive and Portfairy will be one place I will take it to for sure... ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1431512838.681036.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1431512868.867819.jpg

26. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

ll sounds good GaryD. What ever you do don't sell those old wheels I reckon we can do something with them down the track!
    I knew it was the mirrors that made the deal.
    Hey the changes will occur when they do. At least the search for a coupe has struck gold.
    Not only will the ladies in your life love the extra interior space. But those ole coupes have a lot of luggage space, which I am sure they think is a good thing!

Geoff aka whodaky

27. davo461

davo461

28. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Hey Davo. Good to see you. I was wondering where you have been. Haven't seen my sister in a while, so she hadn't said if she had seen you. Helen's husband hasn't been well. Although he is well and truly on the mend now .They are looking to sell their house down there and move back to their house in Boronia. As Paul's contract down there has ended.

Geoff aka whodaky

29. davo461

davo461

Hey Geoff, good to catch up. I miss the Effy when we go 'over the line'. Gary's coupe is a 'wet-dream'; if I was the jealous type, I would be very jealous!
    Hopefully, GaryD will be collecting those old side-valve tools, before too long. They need new lives.
    The 'last grasp' must be getting close to the road. I have been neglecting the HAMB lately; heavily involved in music stuff.
    Keep the rubber on the road,
    Davo.