Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Cruise OAK CREEK CANYON

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeem, May 3, 2015.

1. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Short notice...but it was just brought to my attention that not everyone is on the BOOKFACE. I'm slow, I guess.... Anyway, next weekend (May 9th, Saturday), we are meeting in the Anthem Mall parking lot just off the I-17 north of Phoenix, AZ. We'll head out at 9AM sharp so be there ready to go. Just like in the late 70's thru to the early 80's, cowboy hat and ringer shirt wearing Coors Cowboys would cruise the canyon and Doug Jerger from Squeegs Kustoms and myself thought it was high time to do it again! If you partook in this nonsense back then, you'll surely want to join in on the fun this time as well. If it goes over well, we'll do it next year. Hell, we'll probably do it next year regardless.

Attached Files:

rebarsfords and cool57 like this.
  2. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

3. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Uhhh, well, there you go.....

4. Do it again next year and give more notice, please. Sounds like a blast.

5. I'm sure you'll get responses,take some pictures.

Jeem likes this.
  6. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

If my wife had moved our butts to AZ when she had the chance I'd be there...

Jeem likes this.
  7. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Chili Phil....We decided to pull the trigger on this shortly after the GNRS, so actually gave a few months advance notice, but somehow, I forgot to post it up here on the HAMB. DOH!! Looks like it's going to be a pretty big turnout! Can't wait to see how it all plays out. Going to be fun! See you NEXT YEAR!

8. Sounds like a blast! I'll watch for the date.

Jeem likes this.
  9. Mike

Mike

I reckon I'll have to shine up the Battle Bird for this one.

I also need to dig up my Primo beer t-shirt, mirrored sun glasses and Led Zepplin belt buckle.

10. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I did the Oak Creek Cruise with several of the "East Denver Boys" many many years ago...just drove thru that area last November but could not find the motel we stayed in...glad to see you bringing it back...!!!

R-

11. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

We are too, Roger! Mike, you gotts to be there and don't forget your H.S. gym shorts and tube socks! Bring Mary!

12. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

So you guys are going to be at Busters on Saturday? Maybe I'll stop by and say hi.

13. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Cool....do it!

14. Mike

Mike

Mary is coming also.

See ya'll tomorrow.

15. rebarsfords

rebarsfords

Post pics for those of us that couldn't make it!

16. 1934coupe

1934coupe

55 hydramatic someone told be Busters was closing, I looked it up and they where still in business. I helped build that place when I lived there 80-85 NAU alum class of 83. Sure miss Flag.

Pat

17. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

Huh haven't heard anything on that. It's still here though! Oh yeah and it was snowing today too!

18. 08racer

08racer
    from Gilbert AZ

It was a good time!
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1431296524.627935.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1431296545.442488.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1431296560.409960.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1431296570.994407.jpg

19. Nice! Maybe next year.

20. The old cliche' wish I was there.

21. 1934coupe

1934coupe

I was there, 32 years ago. It was called the Oak Creek Rod Run then. It was beautiful then and it looks like it still is.

Pat

22. Buckster

Buckster

Beautiful pictures! I've been to that area but do not recognize the various places. What was your itinerary & stops?

23. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

The actual OAK CREEK part of the run was kind of a wash out. Rainy and generally kind of schitty so we heard, so we just had a great time in Sedona, some of us drove over to Jerome. We WILL be doing this next year! Really had a blast. OCsedROOM.jpg OCjemKD.jpg OCheddTOjerm.jpg

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  24. Mike

Mike

Yes, the trip from Sedona to Flagstaff was a little bit wet but the rainfall was light and the snowfall (yes, snow) was even lighter. There were 6 machines that made the trip. Mary and I and Brian and his wife made the journey in open cars and it was great.

How often do any of us have the opportunity to test our machines and our abilities on a road like that in conditions like that? (challenging but not really dangerous). Opportunity missed.

What a great run. I really liked the kinda low key, free form, non-scheduled, stop where you want, do what you want, non-lemming attitude of this deal. Most bitchin'.

Jeem likes this.
  25. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Mike, didja get any pics of the group that actually ventured all the way up north?

26. Mike

Mike

No, unfortunately I have no pictures. Maybe some of the other folks who made the trip got some.

P.S. Any idea who was in the black suv filming the drive to Sedona?