Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1946 ford truck glass question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thebandtito, May 7, 2015.

1. i have almost finished my 46 and need door glass but the glass i have has a metal frame around it..one side is good and the other is shot..i cant seem to find another frame and was wondering if i can still use glass for the doors and does it have to be slightly bigger to make up for lack of metal frame..
    thanks again for any help!!!!!

2. The glass needs to fit the track on the regulator. Where it rides up and down in the door should be handled by the appropriate weather stripping. Just my opinion, the frame may not matter. Tim

3. I don't use the metal frames, just glass. But you can use a good metal frame for a template to cut the glass.

4. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

Like Flatty said, you can use the frame for a template or just use a glass pattern for a 40-41 truck. The 40-41's didn't have the metal frame but the door is the same.

5. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

this current glass is much thicker than henry used .should be about the right size for eliminating the frame

6. Thanks guys..i really appreciate all the help..the truck is done and all I need is glass and I'm rollin

7. 1946 Ford truck

Attached Files:

8. Bob Labla

Bob Labla
    from mitten

I just went thru this on my '40 pickup. Its a 1945 cab that had the metal frames on the door glass. I ditched the metal frames and went with '40 glass. The '40 glass is the same size as the '45 metal frame+ plus the bottom that fits into the lower channel. I bought the '40 window felts and everything fit nicely.