Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie from Tennessee

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by FEblockhead, May 5, 2015.

1. FEblockhead

FEblockhead

Hey guys, just acquired my first project from my dad. 1965 F100 short bed custom cab. 352 3 speed awaiting a 390 and C6 transplant. Already have gotten so much good advice from just research decided to join. Here she is as she sits today. Hopefully looks a lot different in a few months.

Attached Files:

HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. Welcome.Neat truck. What part of Tennessee are you in?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. FEblockhead

FEblockhead

Thanks. I'm in east TN. In campbell county about 30 miles or so northeast of Knoxville.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Cool. I spent my first 12 yrs. in E. Tn. in the tiny hamlet of Chestnut Hill, known for Bush's Beans.:D

5. FEblockhead

FEblockhead

Never been there but heard of it. Is it farther east toward Johnson city and bristol?

6. Yeah, It's kinda juxtapositioned between Knoxville, Johnson City, Sevierville, Gatlinburg, etc.

7. FEblockhead

FEblockhead

Oh ok I gotcha. That's pretty much the best part of the state. I wanted to move closer to pigeon forge and Gatlinburg but it's so much of a tourist attraction now it's about impossible to drive through there on the weekends. Rod runs has been getting bigger turn outs every year though.

8. Welcome,I like 65/66 Ford pickups.

I've had my '65 for 47 years. HRP

9. ......................Chestnut Hill is kinda off the beaten path and well away from the traffic mess of the Gatlinburg/ Pigeon Forge area, but you can be there in 35 minutes or so. It's midway between Dandridge and Newport.

10. FEblockhead

FEblockhead

Thanks HRP. Ours has been in the family about 15 yrs now. Wouldn't trade it for 10 new ones.

11. FEblockhead

FEblockhead

Oh ok I know where it is now. Drove through there a couple times I believe. Yea the farther I am from all that traffic the better. Can't stand it.

12. 26 roadster

26 roadster

Welcome from Knoxville, enjoy

13. Welcome! Good to have you here.