Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1962 Chevrolet BelAir Sedan

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by dsigh, Apr 16, 2015.

1. dsigh

dsigh

City: Dublin

State: California
    Price: $9500
    1962 Chevy Bel Air with 283 CID V8 and Powerglide transmission. I bought this car in January of last year, 2014 and have improved the reliability for the street as a daily driver.New owner is welcome to the paperwork and all of the receipts that I’ve collected since I started on this project – over $14K in parts and labor.This is not a show car; it is still a project and will need to be finished.This car has always been in dry California since 1962 and it shows with what little rust is on the car.This car sat for many years and it looks like boxes were stored on the roof.There are multiple dents from where stuff was stored on top. It looks like it was a fully optioned car from the factory with the original A/C sticker still in place in the rear window.CA yellow on black license plates, DMV registration paid through Aug 2016.The passenger front door and rear deck lid/ trunk were pretty rough on the car when I bought it so I replaced them both with rust-free OEM used sheet metal from a donor car.Bodywork was professionally finished by a local shop and jam’d in Ermine White from the 60’s.This was the color I was planning on painting the car when it was finished since it was originally white.I tried matching the color of the GM patina paint with Rustoleum Almond in a rattle can.This can be removed with lacquer thinner to go back to the primer sealer that is light gray.I dropped the trunk on a broom handle while replacing the trunk hinges and one small spot will need to be fixed. There is definitely body filler in the rear quarter panels; there is cracking where bodywork was done in the past. Happy to text or email more detailed pictures. This car sits pretty low with this static drop and will occasionally rub the front tires on the inner fender wells even though I’ve “massaged” the front inners for clearance.The transmission is wet and occasionally leaks oil if it sits in the same place for a few weeks.
    The following is what I’ve done to the car -
    - Black Wilwood master cylinder and front disc brake conversion with cross-drilled and slotted black Wilwood rotors with 2” drop spindle up front
    - Factory GM steering assist replaced and converted to CPP’s GM 500 series steering box and CPP hydroboost with custom/ one-off commercial grade lines and new notched aluminum radiator
    - Complete frontend rebuilt with 1.25” Hotchkis front sway bar
    - Bilstein shocks front and rear
    - Jamco 3” lower springs in the rear and 1” springs in the front
    - Factory bench seat replaced with PROCAR by Scat Enterprises, Inc. Pro-90 Lowback seats with retro airplane seatbelts
    - Reproduction hood springs powdercoated semi-gloss black and reproduction trunk hinges
    - Dakota Digital top of the line L.E.D. tail lights ($250) with reproduction lenses.The wiring needs some work because turn signals aren’t in sync with brake lights.
    - No headliner but have all cross braces.Rear seat was professionally covered with a couple of Mexican blankets
    - 15X8 Pete Paulsen universal steel wheels powdercoated gloss black in the rear and 15X5 disc brake universal wheels up front with Chevrolet disc brake chrome center caps with 225/70 rear tires and 215/70 Toyo Eclipse 15”white stripe tires, 15x7 spare wheel and tire in the trunk
    - Edelbrock Performer intake manifold, Holley HLY-0-1850S 600CFM carburetor, Pertronix electronic ignition, and reproduction fuel tank, and water pump
    - New rear brakes – emergency brake cable, shoes, wheel cylinders, drums, and lines
    - New 2 ¼” exhaust with 4 different glasspack mufflers for quiet sound
    - POR-15 matte black and Dynamat lined floorpan

Please call or text (925) 979.8161 with questions or additional pictures of specific areas of the car. Clear and clean title in hand.No trades, need the cash for my Cadillac.

Attached Files:

• ba11.jpg
      ba11.jpg
      File size:
      773.1 KB
      Views:
    • ba1.jpg
      ba1.jpg
      File size:
      224 KB
      Views:
    • ba2.jpg
      ba2.jpg
      File size:
      288.7 KB
      Views:
    • ba3.jpg
      ba3.jpg
      File size:
      216.3 KB
      Views:
    • ba4.jpg
      ba4.jpg
      File size:
      273.1 KB
      Views:
    • ba5.jpg
      ba5.jpg
      File size:
      325.2 KB
      Views:
    • ba6.jpg
      ba6.jpg
      File size:
      585.3 KB
      Views:
    • ba7.jpg
      ba7.jpg
      File size:
      465.9 KB
      Views:
    • ba8.jpg
      ba8.jpg
      File size:
      340.1 KB
      Views:
    • ba9.jpg
      ba9.jpg
      File size:
      408 KB
      Views:
    • ba10.jpg
      ba10.jpg
      File size:
      353.5 KB
      Views:
    • ba11.jpg
      ba11.jpg
      File size:
      773.1 KB
      Views:
    • ba12.jpg
      ba12.jpg
      File size:
      378.5 KB
      Views:
    • ba13.jpg
      ba13.jpg
      File size:
      415.6 KB
      Views:
    • ba14.jpg
      ba14.jpg
      File size:
      506.4 KB
      Views:
    • ba15.jpg
      ba15.jpg
      File size:
      689.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  2. dsigh

dsigh

3. dsigh

dsigh

Dropping to $8K.

4. dsigh

dsigh

FullSizeRender.jpg Swapped the steelies with brand new Supreme's -

5. dsigh

dsigh

$7000 OBO, open to trades.

6. dsigh

dsigh

This car needs to go, I need the space. $6000.