Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Atlanta Speed Shop Nostagia Drags Points Series

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toby Denham, Mar 28, 2014.

1. jetboatmama

jetboatmama

Quote from Gabie Smith Junior Dragster
    [​IMG]
    I don’t know why, but out of all the stuff that I can think about, I am thinking about racing in the ATLANTA 10,000

2. Julius Hughes

Julius Hughes

The Atlanta $10,000 on October 11th will be the final Race of the 2014 Points Series. It looks like we will have 4 points champs. One each in Gas Eliminator, Comp Eliminator, Super Stock/ Muscle Car, and Hot Rod.

Points leaders are:
    Comp Eliminator- Ricky Banes
    Gas Eliminator- Chris Cantrell
    Super Stock/Muscle Car- Brent Wheeler
    Hot Rod- Jody Blalock

GAOldsman likes this.
  3. Julius Hughes

Julius Hughes

Quain Stott's Southeast Gassers will be at the Atlanta $10,000 October 11th. He is bringing 6-8 cars and they will be qualifying and racing so that's five rounds of wheels up Gasser racing.

4. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

That's Right 8 of the South East Gasser cars will be there Saturday October 11th. A few of our group cars were there last year and they had so much fun 8 of us are going back this year. Our deal is heads up no brake out first man to the line wins just like it was at the original race in the 60s. We don't show the score boards, for the real 60s feel and look. One of the cars that will be there running with us will be Gene Cromer in his original Moonlighter 41 Willys Gasser. If you have never seen the South East Gasser's run this will be your only chance to see us at Atlanta this year.

5. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

do you know if the Skull Garage guys will be there?

6. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

No I don't think Dale is going to make it. You will have to come to our last race of the year in Greer SC November 1st to see Dale, he will be there.

7. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Good job on spreading the word. I see signs along road, even non racing people have asked me about it after noticing the signs. Every place I think about taking flyers already has some.

Is it possible to pit Friday even if we can't stay and run?

tylercrawford likes this.
  8. jetboatmama

jetboatmama

You can pit Friday -
    HOWEVER we have no control over the gate on Friday
    They will want you to pay $10.00 to enter

9. captmullette

captmullette

I thought we had time trials and qualifying on fri nite>>

10. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Getting ready to head out in the morning. I will have a truckload of old magazines and I will finally be set up to take a credit card or as always CASH is King.

Also I will have my son with me and I was wondering if there would be a way I could set up in a location that is close to the stands and close to the bathrooms so he could go both places and I could keep an eye on him?

11. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

12. Julius Hughes

Julius Hughes

2015 Fuel and Gas Points Series
    All events are on Saturdays. Friday night test and tune before each race. Sunday is SCHEDULED rain date!
    Scenic City Thunder and Nostalgia Drags Brainerd Optimist Dragway Chattanooga, TN April 25, 2015
    Roxboro Nostalgia Drags Roxboro Dragway Roxboro, NC May 23, 2015
    Shady Side Fuel and Gas Drags Shadyside Dragway Shelby, N.C. September 26, 2015
    Atlanta $10,000 Nostalgia Drags Atlanta Dragway Commerce, GA October 24, 2015

We are expanding our Nostalgia Exhibition class and giving it a new name. We will have this class at all four Fuel and Gas Series events this year.

Vintage Iron Exhibition

The VINTAGE IRON exhibition class at Fuel and Gas Series events is a place to show off VINTAGE Style RACE CARS. We will have two groups within this class. One for 1967 and older cars and one for 1968-1979 cars. In order to run in this class cars must be vintage style for the era they represent. Other cars that are not vintage style or newer than 1979 will run in the regular “Test and Tune” class behind the bracket cars.

The Vintage Iron cars will run during Nostalgia Time Trials and Eliminations. The cars in this group can pair up with each other as they wish so similar styled cars can run each other. This has to be done at the entrance to the staging lanes before proceeding into the designated lanes.

These cars will be scheduled to run during both rounds of qualifying and during first and second round of eliminations. After that time constraints may limit runs during later rounds.

13. captmullette

captmullette

you really need to post results and points for these races.....I raced in the shady side and atl. race but don't have a clue to the standings....... just saying, thanks for having these events

loudbang likes this.
  14. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

It's unfortunate the Brainerd race is the same weekend as The Gear Jam at Commerce.

15. captmullette

captmullette

got this from a friend........

16. That was pretty cool Captain!

17. I'm gettin' a lot mileage from this photo I took of your coupe, Tony (Dog-Patch). It's one of my favorites!! :)

Scenic City POSTER.jpg

captmullette, Dog_Patch and enloe like this.
  18. Everyone needs to be aware of the new class - Vintage Iron. This is the direct result of last year's Atlanta $10,000 event where many of the vintage cars didn't get to run much and/or got inappropriately paired up with Bracket cars. This class will be made up of two distinct groups: 1967 and earlier vintage styled drag cars and 1968-1979 styled drag cars. Period styled cars will run only cars from their respective group. They will also be called up to the staging area as a specific class. Drivers will be allowed to pair up as they wish with others in their group. There will be no more Test & Tune BS for these cars. :)

tylercrawford likes this.
  19. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I got to go for a ride in this car and it was awesome:)

20. EVENT CANCELLED!!!

The Scenic City Thunder & Nostalgia Drags event scheduled for this Saturday, April 25, at Brainerd Optimist Dragstrip, Chattanooga, Tennessee, has been cancelled due to incoming bad weather.

21. Julius Hughes

Julius Hughes

The next event is at Roxboro Dragway in Roxboro, N.C. It is a bit of a drive but it should be a great event. The guy who runs the track is JR. Ward who drives Jim Oddy's Junk Yard Dog AA?GS. They are going to have 8 AA/GS cars there. It's on Saturday May 23rd. There is also a nostalgia meet at New London VA the next day. The AA/GS GROUP will be there also. THAT IS RIGHT, A NOSTALGIA DOUBLE HEADER!

The 2 tracks are about an hour apart. We are also having an A/G Shootout that will pay $1,000 to win. It should atract a large group of 5 second Nose High Gassers. It will be an Open 8 car field. 2 qualifying sessions.
    1967 and older straight axle only. All the rules are at atlanta10000.com

We are having all our points classes and will be awarding the 2014 champs their trophies.
    Gas, Comp, NSS, OSS, MC, Hot Rod and Vintage Iron.
    We are going to keep points on Vintage Iron this year.

I don't know the class structure at the New London race on May 24 but I will post as soon as I do. The New London track is an airport and they run once a month. HOW'S THAT FOR NOSTALGIC!

Thanks
    I

Toby Denham likes this.
  22. Julius Hughes

Julius Hughes

Roxboro Nostalgia Drags May 23, 2015
    Roxboro Dragway

AA/GS Shootout- 8 car Shootout – Nostalgia AA/ Gasser Club

A/Gas Shootout- $50 Car and Driver, 8 car qualified field W- $1000, RU- $400, Semi- $100

Nostalgia Gas- $50 Car and Driver, 4 car min. IN EACH CLASS for Winner and RU purses as below. OTHERWISE CLASSES COMBINED.
    A/G (5.99 ) W-$250, RU- $100 B/G ( 6.49 ) W-$200, RU-$80
    C/G ( 6.99 ) W- $175, RU- $70 D/G ( 7.49 ) W-$150, RU-$60
    NG combo W- $500, RU- $200 12 car min.
    Nostalgia Comp- $50 Car and Driver, 4 car Min. IN EACH CLASS for Winner and RU purses as below. Ootherwise classes will be combined
    A/C ( 5.00 ) W- $250 RU- $100 B/C ( 5.50 ) W- $225 RU- $90 C/C ( 6.00 ) W- $200 RU- $80
    D/C ( 6.50 ) W-$175 RU-$70 E/C (7.00) W-$150 RU- $60 F/C (7.50) W- $150, RU- $60
    NC Combo W- $500 RU- $200 12 car min.
    Nostalgia Super Stock- $50 Car and Driver, W-$500, RU-$200, Semi-$50, Winner guaranteed. 12 car min. for RU and Semi.
    Muscle Car- $50 Car and Driver. W- $350, RU- $150, Winner guaranteed, 12 car min. for RU .
    NSS, OSS and MC will be combined unless there are 12 in each class and will run for NSS purse .
    Hot Rod- $40 Car and Driver, W- $300, RU- $120, Winner guaranteed, 12 car minimum for RU
    Vintage Iron- $25 Car and Driver

Super Pro- W-$1,300 Footbrake- W- $1,300 ET Bike Jr. Dragster