Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2015 NSRA Mid America Nationals Springfield, MO

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48 Poncho, May 1, 2015.

1. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Never have been to this show and was wondering if any of you guys/gals might have been. Started there last year when my transmission went out about a 100 miles into the trip.
    Just curious about the swap meet and the area its held at and wanted to see what any past participants thought of it!

Thanks ..........48 Poncho 0907021935(1).jpg

2. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I have been to everyone at this location. Nice fairgrounds with shady grass parking or sun on the asphalt. Small but good swap meet. Best to get a motel on north Glenstone in the area of the host hotel.

If I can help you, just ask, or send me a PM and I give you my cell number.

John

3. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Totally agree with WZ JUNK. Nice town, good fairgrounds, always take something home from the swap meet. Try Buckingham's BBQ in front of the host hotel - great brisket!! Oh, and Andy's Custard is a must, too.

4. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

I agree with both WZ Junk and deucetruck. Don't know if I have ever missed one.

5. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have been to a lot of events over the years. Son and I went a few yrs ago and stayed by the host hotel. One of the best events I have ever attended and after hrs by the host Hotel was great.

6. Z06-LITE

Z06-LITE

I don't have any info about the show, but you really live in a great car enthusiast neighborhood. Nice Pontiac and nice Chevys across the street.

7. stillkruzn

stillkruzn
    from Conway, AR

I've been the last 2 years and will be there again this year. Great location for the event. I also agree to get a hotel along North Glenstone. I don't stay at the host hotel, but just down the street, somewhere around the Bob Evans.

8. willymakeit

willymakeit

I have went every year like Wuz. Its always nice to catch up. PM your number and we'll meet,bs, eat a hot dog.

9. Old Tin and New Tin

Old Tin and New Tin

Usually around 2000 cars, like all the previous posters said, great location and easy cruising the fairgrounds during the day and the cruise on Glenstone on Friday and Saturday nights is really fun. Great turn out of cruisers and spectators alike. Lots of good hotels and places to eat. Nothing like a trip to Bass Pro Shop one evening to take in their fine dining. Hope you can make it.

10. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Well worth your trip. Stop by and visit with the Junk Brothers. We always have shade, chairs, cool beverages and good stories. The Mongoose may come out of retirement this year. Sam

11. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

When you are there, a must eat place is Lamberts. It is just outside of Springfireld, great foor, and they throw, yes throw dinner rolls to you

12. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Thanks everyone. I know of 4 of us from our club who are going. Look for my 48 Poncho, a red 48 Chevy convertible, a blue 48 Chevy truck and a light blue 48 Cadillac Sedanette. We will drive up on Thursday and hopefully will make it this time. Have been going to Knoxville for years but the last 3 we went to have all seemed less than they were before and we just wanted to try something new. Hope to meet a few if not all of ya'll.

48 Poncho
    Thanks Z06....it's about a 20 footer. Just an old beater for sure. That pic was taken at Pigeon Forge last year and those were other cars that were at the rental property but I actually do live in a small town full of old car and truck guys and gals.

48 Poncho

13. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Tried but can't find the way to send a PM. Haven't been on much since the format change on the HAMB and not real used to it yet!
    48 Poncho

14. jetmech69

jetmech69

One of my favorite "big box" shows. Did not make it last year. Planning on it this year. Just really enjoy the location. Nice drive up from Memphis. Pleanty of shade. A/C buildings to get out of the heat if you need to. Kinda hilly so bring some comfortable shoes if you like walking. Really good group of people some descent food. Make sure you have rootbeer float. Kinda something we all look foward to at the fairgrounds..lol. Swap meet is cool but not really to big. Nice to break things up a bit.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  15. ems customer service

ems customer service

nice show, branson, mo 50 miles to the south so you could add a day or two for that

16. willymakeit

willymakeit

The Mongoose always causes excitement.

17. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

Been last 3 years n it's been fun. Swap meet is ok but a Vienna weenie in size compared to the monster in August. Very nice atmosphere of car folks. I plan on going Sat 23rd just under a 3 hour drive for us. Be sure if you want your car to enter the show area n go to the host hotel for entry registration, way too many cars waiting could really back up traffic so they do paperwork at host hotel. One of my close to home favorite events. Flux