Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Royboy Goes To The 2015 Spring Lonestar Nationals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by travisfromkansas, Apr 28, 2015.

1. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Before I start the coverage I need to say one thing. If you want to bash Goodguys, this is not the place to do it. I honestly don't care about your opinion of the organization.
    [​IMG]

The very first car I see as I drive in the north tunnel at Texas Motor Speedway for the 2015 Goodguys Spring Lonestar Nationals is this beautiful 57 Ford 2 door wagon. While the weather forecast kept the crowd away there were still some beautiful rides that showed up. The forecasted rain didn’t really show up until about 3pm which is when most people start leaving shows anyhow. I had a great time hanging with friends and seeing some cool rides, enjoy the photos below!
    [​IMG]

Gotta love a killer 40 Ford, I dug the hell out of this one.[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chris Carlson of brought both of the cool rides that his shop has built for his wife Karma down to Texas. I sure hope that he left her something to drive :).

[​IMG]

Jim Smith from Hot Rod Garage in Sand Springs, OK was at the show in this beautiful panel.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pinstriper Ken Smith had this sweet looking flattie in the bed of his pickup. I tried to talk him out of it but he wasn’t buying my lines.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Even though the car count at the 2015 Goodguys Spring Lonestar Nationals wasn’t what was expected, there were still gems to be found. The 40 Ford above had me drooling. I ran into a few of my North Texas friends and had a great time. The track was wet from rains on Friday and over night so I didn’t see the normal NASCAR Cup cars taking laps with folks in the passenger seat getting the rides of their lives. Later in the day the stretched cup car with 4-5 rows of seats was taking laps. I haven’t done that yet but I will have to try it next time.
    [​IMG]

63 Ford Fairlane Wagon

[​IMG]

63 Ford Galaxie Wagon
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More to come, see you at a show,
    Royboy

2. Fly'n Kolors

Fly'n Kolors

Preach it Brother. Great coverage as usual Travis.

travisfromkansas likes this.
  3. Thanks for the great coverage Travis!

4. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

[​IMG]

My friend Jeff showed up in his new to him 56 Chevy. A nice looking ride that a friend of his rebuilt. A couple of years ago the previous owner built up the stock 6 cylinder and after driving it for a year or so he decided he needed a couple more cylinders. The straight 6 came up to KS on my dad’s trailer and the 56 was now capable of keeping up with modern interstate traffic with no problem.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The sky remained cloudy all day, occasionally spitting just a tiny bit, but not raining until about 3 in the afternoon. We ran back over to the car and waited it out. After 15-20 minutes it was nice and dry again and we made our way back into the show, walking through the swap meet area. Plenty of nice rides for what seemed like good prices in the swap meet but I was more interested in the show. Making our way back over to the show cars we made a trip through the vendor area to see some friends.

This is another one of those shows that I just have a great time at because of the people. The cars are secondary, that’s the way it should be in my book.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    That's it for my H.A.M.B friendly coverage of the Spring Lonestar Nationals. Next up for my coverage here is the Southwest Missouri Hot Rod Hundred, then the Lonestar Roundup!
    See you at a show,
    Royboy

guthriesmith and Sancho like this.

5. OlAZGuy

OlAZGuy
    from Phoenix

Thanks for posting. Dick.

6. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Nice job, Travis. Looks like it was a fun show.

7. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

Nice to see a lot of closed hoods.

Thanks for sharing!

8. Always great to see your coverage.Thank you.

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks, I always look forward to your coverage and your take on an event.

10. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Due to the low attendance that's about it for my coverage of this event, thanks to everyone for checking it out!

On to the Stray Kat 500 this weekend, the Yellow Brick Car Show the following week, then down to Nashville for another GG event. Something nearly every weekend between now and Christmas.

guthriesmith likes this.
  11. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Sweet cars as well as great pictures...thanks much for sharing :)

12. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Thank you, Travis! Your comments about people who were there made it seem even more like I was there, wonderful! Look forward to seeing you in Dewey in a couple of days!

13. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

see you in dewey bubba...look for my new baby blue 55 mordoor

14. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Don't see many custom Henry J's. I like it. Good visiting with you in OKC. Great pics.