Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Burnt 32 Ford coupe resurection (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by borderboy1971, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Some of you may remember me asking about the possibilities of saving a car that has been burnt in a garage fire. Well, I finally got around to starting the task of attempting to bring it back to life with the help of a good friend and great metal man. Although the job is not done yet, (need to weld in some patch panels and do some heat shrinking), I think the results so far have been great. In previous discussion here regarding the burnt metal, some people stated that the paint would be an issue. Of course I'm not at the paint stage yet, but my metal man told me while I was sandblasting the car to try to remove the black stains in the metal as this was carbon coming out of the metal and was the cause of paint having adhesion problems. Enjoy the pictures.

Attached Files:

2. Nice work. Glad to see you bringing it back to life.

3. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Nice save ,hope it comes out well for you

4. I wish there was yards like that around here. Nice save!

5. clem

clem

Man, that brings a whole new meaning to the word 'Determination'. Well done! So far.

6. Holy Crap.....ohhhh Canada.....where is that wrecking yard at....

7. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

talk about a Phoenix.

8. aldixie

aldixie

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great save, please post more photos as things progress. Bob

10. rexrogers

rexrogers

That coupe is looking great, you guys are doing a great job saving it.

11. brady1929

brady1929

12. That's hard to believe. I'm trying to figure out if I'd try it. I have to think about this some more!

13. No one can ever say you didn't work hard to bring that back to life. Good job.

14. What an inspiration! Good for you.

15. 56shoebox

56shoebox

Frankenstein's monster.

"Great knockers." "Well thank you heir doctor."

16. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I would not have the drive to take on a project like that. Good for you looking great.

17. Drive'em

Drive'em

WOW, you took a POS, twisted hulk and made it into a really nice project. You are truly a hot rodders, hot rodder. Great work, you should be very proud.

18. Thanks all. It's far from perfect yet, but after I get my patch panels in, I can proceed with some shrinking (can't shrink without a good solid structure). Honestly would have been too great a challenge for me, if it wasn't for my good friend to talk me into it.

Not a wrecking yard..... my yard. Haha, it just looks like junk.

19. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

P1010062.JPG Your Coupe is looking good.

I've got one of those shortened up 32 sedan's turned into a pickup too. But mine was a Tudor. Someday it'll get resurrected back to a Tudor and will probably have as much patching as your coupe does.

20. elgringo71

elgringo71

Excellent work, it's come a long way already and now it looks like a good builder.

21. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Good show out of you!

22. Nice save, can't wait to see how it turns out.

23. Leroy 701

Leroy 701

Way to go Dallas!
    Looks good

24. Sorry I didn't get to stop by your place Jon, as usual, ran out of time and was anxious to get home. We wil get together yet sometime. You best just come up here for a visit. Perhaps come to the T&T car show via my place.

25. Any chance of an update.....please?

26. Nothing to update as of right now. I've too busy with a shop build, house renovation, and work to do much else.
    My priority at the time was to simply get it looking more like a use able car again and not just a pile of scrap metal. I've got other projects in line in front of it first too.

kiwijeff likes this.