Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Hop Up Magazine Release!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Marcy, Apr 10, 2015.

1. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Real happy for you guys, and thanks for keeping this printed form alive. It was always impossible for me to get a copy in the past, the best part now is I can pick one up every time I visit Justin!

2. What day are you shipping the first issue out?

3. Any sneak peeks....

4. 24 Dodge

24 Dodge
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good to have you back, much success. can't wait for mine to arrive.

5. Anderson

Anderson

It is absolutely fantastic. The best thing I've flipped through since the first time I picked up a Rodder's Journal. You guys rule severely.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1429748653.206991.jpg

Marcy, Asphalt Demon and bobwop like this.
  6. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I am so proud of Marcy. The rad Riviera and now Hop Up. My hero.

Marcy likes this.
  7. Wow! I subscribe to just about all the rod magazines and HOP UP is by far my favorite. I can't wait to see what the next one will have it in. Subscribed! Great job!!

Marcy likes this.
  8. I'd like to know too. I keep running out to the mailbox, but all I get is bills. :(

9. exterminator

exterminator

Thanks for sending me an email.Check is going out today!

10. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

@Marcy Congratulations on a great release! I saw Hop Up literally everywhere I went. And the Riv was sooooo bitchin. Definitely Mitch Approved!

Marcy likes this.
  11. HelmuthBrothers

HelmuthBrothers
    from New Jersey

It was great meeting you and Tim last weekend Marcy. The book is beautiful. Hope to contribute in the future!

Marcy likes this.
  12. Just got my copy and had to flip through it before sitting down to a nice session reading cover to cover. Looks great! Gorgeous book. My compliments on bringing back one of the all-time greats!

Jim

Marcy likes this.
  13. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

I was in the driveway painting some stuff when the postlady delivered the new HopUp.
    Of course I dropped everything to flick through it.
    All I can say is wow.
    I later read a couple of the articles and Marcy's little intro on how it all came about. I like her expression re, 'naive enthusiasm'. I think that kind of enthusiasm combined with an obvious passion of this 'hot rod thing' has produced a stunning new Hop Up, that will help to keep a great tradition alive. That tradition being ' pure hot rod print', something that I believe has died out to a degree in this day an age.
    Thankyou once more..
    Geoff aka whodaky

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  14. Paid for mine at Grand National Roadster show back in January and still waiting. Can't wait to get it.

15. JimSibley

JimSibley

Seen it. Love it!

16. 60'coupe

60'coupe

I picked up my copy at the Orange County Model A breakfast and I was blown away at how perfect it all came together. Really great read and great photos. Thank you to everyone involved.
    Rob

17. Marcy

Marcy

Thanks for the compliments all!
    Without the support of people who bought merch at Pomona/Sacramento/Detroit and our small group of loyal advertisers we could have never actually got this in print.

Ron, I sent you a message---hope your issue arrives soon.

For those that are old school or have any problem with our online ordering at http://www.hopupmagazine.com/shop/
    We can be reached the old fashioned way via Post!
    For just the subscription it is $55.00 for a year (4 issues shipped in US)
    Since our first, Volume 11 Number 1 has already shipped the subscription would start with volume 2.
    You can purchase Volume11 Number 1 for $12.95
    The Spokane Hot Rodding Book is also available and is $22.00
    Priority Mail Shipping for the Spokane book and/or Number 1 would be $6.00

Checks go to
    Hop Up Magazine Inc
    P.O. Box 142
    Long Beach , CA 90801

Thanks again and I'll see all my Midwest friends this weekend at Torquefest in Dubuque!
    Marcy

Stick Shift likes this.
  18. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

Wow its been a serious whirlwind of excitement since Austin and the songster roundup.. some of you may be wondering when your getting your subscriptions. well heres the skinny. They were shipped out of Utah last wednesday so you should be seeing them any day. We are still learning and taking things as they come , we were still getting the Subscriber lists together as I was driving to Austin and it took time for the distributor to get it all handled. Next time will go a lot smoother and I would think the subscribers will see the next issue even before I do. Thats the plan anyway. We gotta lot of learning to do.

as for places to get the mag/book we have been sending boxes to a few shops overseas to countries like england australia new zealand and sweeden. as for US some of the places you can find it are Austin speed shop, moon equip., Walden Speed shop, Brake and rumble, Auto Aero books in Burbank, Socal Sacramento, and Reeds hotrods in orange . there are a few more but they escape me. If you have a store and want to carry the magazine please contact [email protected] , or if you just want a copy and wanna get set up on a sub then visit the website hopupmagazine.com.

In the mean time we are getting together with Bobby Walden this weekend on the second at his shop for a little BBQ and Bullshitting session to release the book out in socal so please jump in your car and come on down. the address is on the flyer attached. whew thats all for now as I have a ton of new stuff and outakes from issue one to put on the website. work work work...... I need to get out and wrench on my car.

Tim

19. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 9.53.12 PM.png

20. GASSERBOB

GASSERBOB
    from USA

Hi Marcy . Got my single issue today. All I got to say is Wow. What a beautiful magazine. Will do a subscription a little later. Will my subscription start with #2 ? Should I tell you when I subscribe? Thanks , Bob.....

21. b-bob

b-bob

Picked up mine today at the Old Car Center in Langley. Looks great so far, haven't had time to sit down and read it yet.

22. Got mine today. A little dog eared from the mailman. Maybe he looked at it first. In any case HOLY CHIT!!!!! the magazine it crazy good. Well done. If you guys ever need anything in AZ let me know would love to help you guys out.

23. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I bought my AUTOGRAPHED copy from the Lady herself! And some Hop-Up tag toppers, too!

Stick Shift likes this.
  24. mdcolby

mdcolby

Got my issue today and read it cover to cover. Freaking Awesome!!!!!! Great selection of cars and the writing was top notch! They nailed it and Im hooked.

25. Mike

Mike

My copy showed up in the mail box yesterday.

Whoa Nelly! Just plain bitchin'.

26. Well. Mine didn't. And I'm just down the road. Maybe Monday then.

27. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Man , I'm so bummed that I missed the coming out @ Bobby's!!!!! I so need to get back in the loop and out of the shop.
    Oh well, Congrats all!!!! Thats a job well done. Looking forward to picking one up soon. Wishing you the best always!!!

28. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

Got mine yesterday, it's like having a long gone friend back again!