Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage **2nd Annual Phoenix-Arizona Hot Rod Hundred, Saturday April 25th**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by So-cal Tex, Feb 6, 2015.

1. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

WHAJUSAY

3wLarry likes this.
  2. Going to pass this year, I've started the tear down for my summer project already. Hope you all have a great time!

20150404_120350.jpg

3. Bmartin

Bmartin
    from mesa,az

Got the car all together and filled the tank. Got home to leaking fuel from the sending unit. Turns out it was leaking out of the rivets that hold it together. Ground them out and sealed it up with gasket maker. Will see after it sets up overnight. Fingers crossed.

4. Bmartin

Bmartin
    from mesa,az

Just took it for a test drive and no leaks. Should be good to go.

5. jerry

jerry

I can bring extra water!

jerry

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Well..... Shit! I just dumped a gallon of water in the radiator I "repaired" last night, and watched it pour out as quick as it went in. If I could just hire a small young man of Dutch descent to ride on the louvered pan in front of the radiator and keep his fingers in the leak, I'd be set...

This and the fact that a customer car has to get out this weekend, means I'm callin' it... I'm out.

Ironic that something I rely on for daily transpo 364 days a year has now managed to miss 2 reliability runs in a row...

7. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Tried my best to make it in by the wire but not able to get an inspection and papers in time. Even though the web says different it seems they only do inspections Monday through Thursday?, weird.

8. jerry

jerry

Had a great time, til I broke the main leaf on my rear spring! Limped it home from about the halfway. Looking forward to next year!

Is that an aluminum radiator Chip?

jerry

9. Roothawg

Roothawg

Looks like a good turn out!

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

11. Great shots Ron! Doug, thanks for setting it up and guaranteeing a gorgeous day! Brian, that P9 is so stinkin' cool...glad you came along! Jerry, hope you made it home with all your fillings intact...

And, hey, the coupe made it all the way there and back again!

guthriesmith likes this.
  12. jerry

jerry

Had a little of a stiff ride but not too bad, better than on a roll back!

Well, nobody was there to burn up the ignition so I guess I got the bad luck for this run!

jerry

need louvers ? likes this.
  13. Well....Doug, tell us how you feel about electronic ignitions!

14. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

They suck!
    I am going back to points, the MSD only shut down once on the ride home and after 5 minutes of cool down I was back in action.

We hit rain in Scottsdale which helped keep the MSD cool, HAHA!
    I want to thank everyone that attended and those that tried ( Chip) it was a awesome run with great people and some really great cars, I am in love with Scott's 3 Window coupe, it is so cool!

Jay got some great shots from the run which he will post later.

Remember, you gotta drive em !

gonmad likes this.
  15. Bmartin

Bmartin
    from mesa,az

Great time to today! Excellent weather and beautiful scenery. The L-head held together and almost ran the speed limit. It was great to meet everyone today and can't wait till the next one.

Special thanks to Doug for puttin' this together.

gonmad, guthriesmith and bchrismer like this.
  16. Once again the run was great and well organized. I have come to really like this run with parts of Phoenix valley I have never seen before. So-Cal Tex did outstanding job once again.

guthriesmith and bchrismer like this.
  17. Crud. My phone seems to have locked itself and I can't retrieve them....felgercarb. Hopefully a call to Samsung will come up with the magic code 'cause I really don't want to reset my phone!

18. cac646

cac646

Looks like it was a good time. Wish the weather stayed away this weekend. It rained real hard last night and all day up here. Would have made for a crappy drive home for us.

19. mopacltd

mopacltd

So-cal Tex, what MSD are you having problems with?

20. I have missed the last 2 runs, and the last one I plan to miss in the future. Keep me updated for the next one.

Jerry I have a full set of extra springs. Let me know if you need them.

21. jerry

jerry

It's a special spring Steve. Looks like an early vette. Already pulled and going to get a new main leaf ordered tomorrow. Thanks for the offer though.

jerry

gassersteve likes this.
  22. Mike

Mike

Man, what a great time. Great people, great machines, great route, and great weather.

My thanks to Doug and crew for setting up this gig once again.

I'm looking forward to next year.

23. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Actually I found out it was the cheap coil that was over heating not the MSD module. I pulled the ignition apart yesterday and it has burned spots on the coil which explains why the top of the distributor was so hot.

We persevered and '55 made it all the way even though it was just frustrating that we had to pull over a couple of time and let the coil cool off.

Thanks again for everyone that attended and we will do it again next April, for more pictures stay tuned to www.crossmemberscc.com for details.

gonmad likes this.
  24. Is there no other photos?

25. I lost everything when my phone decided to play dead on me... :mad:

26. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

I know that Jay Joyce has a ton of pictures but he is having a hard time uploading them to the HAMB. Stay tuned as he has some great ones to post.

27. bonesy

bonesy

My son took some cool shots too - I'll get him to download them so I can post them.