Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bayou Round Up? Kontinentals 2nd show?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Roothawg

Roothawg

What's the story? I saw a little blurb on the FB machine. If this is already a topic, feel free to delete. Layfayette, LA is supposed to be the destination.

2. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I saw that too. its about a 13 hour drive for me, but I'm thinking Id like to check it out. Its after the last good shows up this way (Iron Invasion and the Newport hill climb) so its looking pretty good to me.

3. Roothawg

Roothawg

Wow, I figured this thread would have gotten more interest.

4. Yep its a legit event![​IMG]

5. HotRod31

HotRod31

Yea, I got that flyer at the Lone Star roundup. A few of us from the coast are planning on going.
    I believe it is a only a one day show.

6. manyolcars

manyolcars

I read an article recently about small towns all over America are using speeding tickets to generate revenue. The article mentioned a very small town north of Lafayette on Interstate 49 that had extended its city limits to include a part of I-49 so that they could claim that you were speeding 'in town'. Beware!

saltflats and Roothawg like this.
  7. You can't help but pass a good time in Hub City, and the eating is awesome.

8. Yeah, :rolleyes:……A Coonass party makes Austin seem like nap time.

Arabie777 and bchrismer like this.
  9. srs1

srs1

glad it's happening in the fall. perfect weather. butttttt

10. Mike Rouse

Mike Rouse

I won't miss it.
    It will be loads of fun.
    Mike

11. Any updates on this?

12. Hey guys - more updates very soon, promise. It's gonna be a good party down in Laffy!

ThunderRocket likes this.
  13. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

14. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

If you click on the link in beatnikontinentals post for the bayou roundup at the bottom of that is a link to enter your email address for upcoming updates to the bayou roundup. I just did it.
    Jimmie

15. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

I'll be there for sure! Only a 2 hour drive for me, plenty of hotels in the area too!

16. This event will be local to me. Looking forward to it.

17. jetcycles

jetcycles

Booked a room in NOLA Thursday and Friday night, staying tuned for more info before I book a room in Lafayette...

Malcolm likes this.
  18. eightbanger

eightbanger

I'm super excited myself and will have my 65 Riv ready. However, I hope we get a lot of Texas support to keep it going!

19. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

A couple of us from Omaha have talked about going - sounds like it could be a good time!

Malcolm

jetcycles likes this.
  20. jetcycles

jetcycles

Can any locals, or organizers, chime in and provide suggestions on where to stay in Lafayette? I've bookmarked a few places to stay, but wouldn't mind staying near other like minded individuals.

21. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

From Kontinental HQ's this just in.....The Bayou Round Up website is live and registration is open. C'mon guys get after it because this show will be limited to about 500 cars due to the size of the incredible venue we have chosen....The Historic Blackam Coliseum and its surrounding grounds. Go to www.bayouroundup.com for all the skinny on what is looking like will be a pretty incredible show in a pretty incredible venue in a town that has totally opened its arms to the idea of this show. Its gonna be like the earlier days of the Round Up in Austin in a town that was much like Austin 15 years ago, before it exploded. Registration, swap meet and vendor info, hotel info and schedules are all on the website. Bon Temp Roulette !!!!

wex65 likes this.
  22. El Jefe puts on a good show.I live about 100 miles from Austin(Lone Star Roundup) and about 90 miles from Temple-AcademyDay of the Drags; both venues are a lot of fun and well organized.You can bet he will work hard to assure a good time.

23. wex65

wex65
    from WV

Lonestar Roundup was THE best show I have been to this year and I suspect the Bayou Roundup will absolutely be on par.

Will be making the trip along with a thundering herd of other Hilton Hotrods/Ross Racing Engines Model A's...

Counting the days.

beatnikontinental likes this.
  24. BLAKE

BLAKE

They accepted my registration - we'll see y'all there!

[​IMG]

25. jetcycles

jetcycles

Looks like the awesome Round Up crew has managed to snag a discounted rate for this show, I copied and pasted that info below for anyone that may be interested.

Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette-Cajundome
    2350 W Congress Street
    Lafayette, LA 70506
    (337) 291-1977
    www.lafayettecajundome.hgi.com
    Use the group code BAYOU when making your reservation.
    Or just click the following link to quickly make a reservation online:
    http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/groups/personalized/L/LFTCDGI-BAYOU-20151015/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG

26. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

We are so in. Can't wait to party with the Kontinentals in my own back yard.

beatnikontinental likes this.
  27. Hey guys - the Hilton Garden Inn is now sold out - but you can start booking at the Double Tree - we have made a similar deal with those guys, and its a nice newly redone hotel, not far away from Blackham - here is the info:

DoubleTree by Hilton Lafayette
    1521 W Pinhook Rd
    Lafayette, LA 70503-3158

ph (337) 235-6111

Use the group code BAY when making your reservation.

Or just click the following link to quickly make a reservation online:
    http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/...LFTLDDT-BAY-20151016/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG

Car Registration is going fast - and we are limited to the first 500 cars at this super cool location - so gets yours in soon if you want to make sure you get in! Its gonna be a great party!

http://www.bayouroundup.com/register/

28. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

I'm so ready! I booked early at the Hilton. I'll be bringing the 54 caddy.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1439510695.409578.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1439510763.725451.jpg