Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Pete Eastwood built 29' roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barillaro Speed Emporium, May 30, 2014.

1. Need to finish hanging the exhaust. Next will be to mount the fuel tank and plumb the Fuel and Brake lines.

Attached Files:

D-Russ likes this.
  2. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Thanks for all the updates and PHOTOS. If I lived near you I would be there to help if it was nothing but sweeping the garage when you got through making messes along the way.......................

hotrodA likes this.
  3. Thanks, right now our shop could use a good sweeping!

4. Some days it feels like you work all day and you just can't get much done. Finished the column drop the other night. Have a new Walker radiator on the way and decided to strip all the front sheet metal so I can get things fitted and make the Dzus tabs. The workmanship on the grill shell is pretty awesome. The metal work was top notch and the lead work was really nice.

Attached Files:

5. Thanks for the picture of the carnage Pete!

Attached Files:

6. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

WQW!!!! This hot rod has come a long way...................

7. Radiator showed up today. Got the fuel tank mounted and my brother is almost done with the rear crossmember cover. Gonna be a busy weekend on the old roadster.

Attached Files:

8. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Great progress. Congrats!!
    Did you use the alternator bracket that came with the "Zips" water pump?
    Thanks...

9. Thank You, yeah I cut the A/C brackets off the Zip's drive and I'm using the cast in one for the alternator. Not sure what I'm gonna do on the adjuster bracket yet.

10. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

How about a low mount setup like this with a belt tensioning pulley, my frame is pinched so I needed a smaller alternator, also wanted higher output, this is a Ford Racing unit.
    The camel hump heads without acc. holes could be an issue, but I have seen it done.
    Food for thought. Low mount alternator.jpg

11. Nice looking set up. I thought about building a low mount for the Alternator. I do like the easy belt adjustment with the Alternator up high.

12. Got the hood lacing on the cowl and shell. The radiator is bolted down and dialed in pretty good. Doing the final fitment on the hood and sides. I'm pretty sure these old hood and sides must have not fit to good when the car was built. Should be able to get it worked out without to much modification.

Attached Files:

13. The quirky hood sides are not what I would ever build for a car but the a growing on me.

Attached Files:

14. looking good, bops would be happy the car was hitting the road again.......

15. Decided to build a firewall between the trunk and seat back. Definitely helped stiffen up the back of this roadster body. Getting all the parts for the plater ready and drilled the front axle

Attached Files:

16. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

NICE---almost a shame to cover it up with a seat.
    That floor looks great too.

17. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Love the spring cover and back firewall.

18. sota

sota

Very nice!!

19. Thank You. We can't take credit on the floors as they are Brookville but we are trying to keep the theme consistent.

20. We also added a strip down the B pillar to add strength and give the interior a place to mount. The gas tank is a speedster tank from Snyder's.

Attached Files:

21. You guys are smokin' on this. Keep it going.

22. GKM

GKM

I'm liking it. Will be following this build.

1shot

23. Late night last night. Gonna run brake lines and fuel lines and blow the chassis apart. Got some final welding to do on the body then we will bolt the body back on the frame and start bodywork.

Attached Files:

24. Hey Pete,
    Skip Walls came by the shop and we might have drunken to many beers and told stories. Progress is not real good tonight!

Attached Files:

Cara Marie likes this.
  25. Brake and fuel lines run and most of the welding is done on the bottom of the body. Planning on welding up the rest of the frame and prime it so we can get the body bolted back down and start final fitment for body work.

Attached Files:

26. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

As the owner of a Pete Eastwood built chassied hot rod I am really enjoying this build or rebuild. Keep up the good work and thanks for shairing...................

27. Got the frame and the underside of the body primed. Going to bolt the body back to the frame and final shim it so we can start body work. Finally feels like we are heading in the right direction.

Attached Files:

28. Got the body bolted back down and been getting things ready for body work. Someone's ready for a roadster ride!

Attached Files:

Tmmason10 likes this.
  29. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Coming along nicely — don't rush it now.

30. Thanks Lynn, I'm trying to stay focused and keep motivated but I am not going to rush things. I'm really happy with the way things are shaping up and I don't want to sacrifice quality.