Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tuffy does Roundup!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kisam, Apr 15, 2012.

1. sololobo

sololobo

Thanx for the awesome post, I missed the LSRU this year and really regret it. Thanx for taking me there with your cool trip. Hanging with Gene Winfield and Kontinental Norm is fab. Love your coupe and really dig gals that wrench and drive sweet rides, you are on my womens hero list with Megan, Denise, DeVille gal, and many more. I looked up cool and there your name was. Atta girl! ~sololobo~

2. SimonSez

SimonSez

It was great to meet up with you and Tanya again, and check out Tuffy in person.

Here's a couple of pics of Tuffy relaxing at the Meatheads BBQ on Thursday

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Congrats, congrats! I know that feeling, it will keep you on a high for months!

Good to see you, Tanya, and Tuffy rollin down the road!

4. Brandi

Brandi

How did I just now see this?! Maybe I already did and didn't post. Car looks killer. Can't wait to get down there next year and check it out in person. You'll be an expert in small car packing soon. It's like putting a puzzle together.

5. jefscoupe

jefscoupe

Congrats Kathy! I hope to be taking my first voyage in the near future.
    I'm finally back working on my 3-window.

6. kisam

kisam

Simon, thanks for the pictures! It was great to see you and Janet again. Sorry we didn't get to visit more, guess I will have to make a trip your direction some day!:)

Thanks Megan - we missed you!

Brandi - I look forward to that!

Glad your back at it Jeff! I'll be waiting for a video!

7. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

great thread, thanks for sharing!

8. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Kathy, I am so happy to see what you have done with Tuffy, Ron was my best friend for nearly 50 years and I am sure he would appreciate you bringing Tuffy back to life. I don't know if you are aware of the fact that Ron originally built Tuffy with a flathead and that was when he got the McCulloch supercharger from a Studebaker Golden Hawk to boost the HP. When he got the 392 Hemi he put it on there for a little while before returning to the original 4 barrel carb, as Kay mentioned, he was always tinkering and making changes. I remember taking Tuffy out for a run at night without the benefit of headlights, so I drove my 63 Impala w/ 300 HP 327 that ran pretty good, mid 14's, to run alongside until he would get far enough ahead of me that he would need to back out of it to see and then quick return home and get it in the garage before the cops would cruise by :)

9. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

thanks for taking the time to check in and tell some good stories.

Jeff

10. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

That story adds so much to the history of the car and owner. You must have some really fond memories of that time. :)

Don

11. kisam

kisam

Thanks Dick! I love hearing stories of Ron and Tuffy. I heard that flathead got some burnt up valves due to racing fuel? Were you in on that?

12. RAY With

RAY With

Lost track of the build and was on the road a year but now trying to catch up. Really a neat build and hope to see it in person at the BBQ or LSRR.