Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs No fluid to bleeders in front.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scoop, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Shouldn't be too hard to out smart brake fluid.

2. ratrod72

ratrod72

I built a simple flat 1/4" plate with 1/8 rubber glued to it i clamp to master cyl top it is tapped for a male air quick disconnect I attach a regulator set at 15lbs an go to each bleeder starting at fartherst one an usually when I get fluid at all 4 corners it ready to drive..I have never had much luck bleeding with a new dry system. With just pumping the pedal...

3. fsae0607

fsae0607

Get a vacula brake bleeder (even the HF version works very well) or at least a mityvac hand vacuum pump, though this will give your hands a workout. Always have had good results vacuum bleeding.

4. A good way to see if there is a blocked passage. I also wouldn't put any residual valve on it. The S10 master should have them.

5. Crazyolman

Crazyolman

If you have the front brake line plumbed to the front of the master cylinder you will have that problem. The front brakes should always connect to the rear port. If the cylinder is mounted backwards it would still be the section that the rod pushes in first.

6. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The primary (or "rear" port) doesn't always go to the fronts! Below are two examples with obvious primary rear/secondary front brake plumbing. The main thing to know is how the master you are using was designed to be plumbed, if not obvious as the examples below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

gimpyshotrods likes this.
  7. oakmckinley

oakmckinley

I read this whole thread and I can't figure out if he's even gotten fluid to the calipers? Has he answered that?
    You need to go, A to B, fluid there? If yes then B to C, fluid there? If yes then on and on.

gas & guns likes this.
  8. gas & guns

gas & guns

What he said.
    Simple flow of fluid.

9. The fluid has to come out of the master cylinder first!!!!!!!!!!!! No matter what port he is using........

10. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

Might suggest Loosening both back bleeders letting the master cylinder piston go deeper n the bore. Did this while back on 3/4 ton gmc giving me same problem. Is piston going deep enough is another thought , even though s10 factory stuff is pedal ratio ok? might check rod length? Good luck. Flux