Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What are YOU doing to get ready for the 2015 Meltdown Drags?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Scott, don't tell anyone man, but the cammer is.., well.., its a Hemi man.., Ford was smart enough though to throw out the push rods along with there crappy angles.
    In the words of James Earl Jones in The Hunt for Red October, "you never saw me, and I was never here".., ssshhhh.., fade out.

2. powrshftr

powrshftr

Lmao!
    It's true....hemispherical chambers,the design is very similar,just with the addition of the overhead cams to eliminate all those goofy yard-long pushrods on crazy angles.lol

Oh,and one other major difference:

The Ford motor ran circles around the Chrysler motor.:D

Scott

3. powrshftr

powrshftr

Alderman had a snoot full of blow,and the cars had a snoot full of nitrous!lol

Scott

64T-bolt likes this.
  4. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Crap I like them all if they sound and run good

Tickety Boo, bigslim55 and powrshftr like this.
  5. powrshftr

powrshftr

I read Ya James....The first 4-spd car I ever drove was an O/T 69 Roadrunner Hemi/4-spd car.It was an absolute hoot.

It used to get beat by just about everything on the street though. ;)

Scott

6. Sneakly Pete Robinson made a gear drive for his cammer, and was slapp'n Chryslers silly before his untimely death. Besides, the Cammer engineers weren't planning to have to take the engine apart to fix it after every run, they were leaving that merry chore to the Slowpar croud. I'll put Jeff Jacobsons 450" N/A Cammer 55 Scarelane, or any of at least 4 small block powered SEG cars or even Shannon Jenkins 515" Rat powered Chevy, how about Gene Crommer Jurassic Willys with vintage 65 427 Hi Riser power, against your BLOWN AAAND INJECTED 50/50 bar anytime. Matter of fact, when I get done moving to North Carolina this summer and finish our little 413" N/A mouse for our 3000lb. Tuna boat 56, I'd be happy to line up with ya, maybe even spot your orange crate an amber or two if ya need it. ;)

7. powrshftr

powrshftr

Hmmmm.......

Since I don't see you running anything that says T/F or F/C on the side,I guess you must be a lowly "Bottomfeeder" like the rest of us?;)

I'm gonna go out on a limb and make the prediction that you and your beloved Hemi spend a lot of time sitting around the campfire alone at the Meltdown telling each other how great you are;) lol

You're taking this shit a little too seriously pal.Lighten up a bit .

Remember,we are talking about engines that were last produced in 1971 here,so no need to act like its a personal assault on you because the rest of us don't want to run out and buy one.

Scott

8. My good friend Robert Pond has the fastest traditional stocker in the country, low 9.60' @ 140, with a 4 speed/427 67 Faithlane. Another good friend Chuck Rayburn has the other, a 2 4bbl 426 Hemi/Auto Plymouth. Low/mid 9.60's @ mid upper 130's. Ponds stick car gives up a 1/10th in the 60' foot to Chucks car. Both are badass cars, and would be a killer match race, but that Hemi ain't gonna just man handle that ole FE. By the way X, I heard Wal-Mart's having a sale on Hemi Orange Underooos..

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  9. I wish My Pond would bring his Fairlane to the Meltdown Drags. Along with a trailer containing a few of his RPM motors. :)

powrshftr likes this.
  10. powrshftr

powrshftr

That Dude does make some magical stuff,doesn't he?:)

Too bad he's not closer to the Midwest....I bet it wouldn't take much arm-twisting to get him to bring a car out if he was a little closer,geographically.

Scott

11. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

426 day is Sunday :cool:

I am going to say a prayer or two for Grumpy while in Church this week.
    grump.gif

loudbang and powrshftr like this.
  12. I'm having fun with it too.

Tickety Boo likes this.
  13. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Whats fun is this group gets sooo creative with brand loyalty. :cool:

The prayers cant hurt Grumpy (after his Hot Rod centerfold and all)

14. powrshftr

powrshftr

I bet your resume states that you invented things like walking,and breathing,too,right..?;) lol!

15. Going to Staples for some fresh valve train pieces?

powrshftr likes this.
  16. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

I know of a certain rusty T with a HEMI that's been willing to run you for years????? Better hurry up before he gets that Cammer running......

powrshftr likes this.
  17. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

And he will drive it 150 miles round trip.......

18. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

I can't wait to see the coupe do it's thing at the Meltdown!!! It still running up to par Brian?

19. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

150 miles? This guy would drive that coupe to california and back if you wanted him to, and never back down on a challenge or a race. Not one of them guys who sits behind the keyboard and pokes and jabs, he is out in the garage busting ass on shit everyday of the week. These latest 3 pages are great, keep them coming!

Okiedoker, powrshftr and beebee78 like this.
  20. powrshftr

powrshftr

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    beebee78 likes this.
  21. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

22. powrshftr

powrshftr

Ugh.Youre right.

23. bigslim55

bigslim55

Ah chased down the dash lights wire...! Very exciting! LOL... I was able to cobble new wires from NAPA with the old dash cluster lights. Need to get a #1895 bulb didn't notice one was burnt out. Hooked up wires to dash light wire I found & they do light up now...! It's the simple things...
    Man it's going to be nice to see the dash lights at night...! I'm not looking forward to getting my fat ass under the dash & trying to get the cluster bolted down...!
    Jimbo...

Okiedoker, powrshftr and beebee78 like this.
  24. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

My heads are coming home tomarrow, time to get this RapedGrape back together !!!

25. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I was at the big show in Topeka and seen The Grump getting in a Ford rental. I had my camera in hand and was ready to snap the shot but just couldn't do it.

Tickety Boo and powrshftr like this.
  26. That cause he used the force on you.

Tickety Boo, saltflats and powrshftr like this.
  27. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Everyone has a lapse in judgment :)

Tickety Boo and powrshftr like this.
  28. bigslim55

bigslim55

Just got hood back from getting painted...! Man it looks killer! It actually looks better than I thought it would...!
    Jimbo... ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1429894640.629520.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1429894664.190966.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1429894688.814187.jpg

29. Yep, the Grump went to the dark side for a spell, but then went back to Chevy, so he could get the taste of Hemi ass out of his mouth. ( Its even more insulting when you switch brands, then go back, heck how bad does it gotta be to get the Grump to admit a mistake). With Rat power, he beat up on the Nopar guys some more, mixed it up pretty good in the first year or so of Pro Stock, then got born again, and built a small block Vega, and turned the whole power whining "Cryslober" camp upside down! BAM! Put that in your spark plug tubes & smoke it X!

30dodgeboy and Tickety Boo like this.
  30. 30dodgeboy likes this.