Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy from norcal

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Daglio, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Daglio

Daglio

So like everyone and their uncle, I have been looking for a 47'-55' series one Chevy/GMC pick up. Prices for what was left of someone's old parts truck or a pile of shit so rusted("Patina", LOL!) out, only the glass( if any left) was useable was more than I wanted to deal with. I came across a 1956 International Harvester S112 short box on Craigslist last week, all original, no primed up, bondo filled "POS", with a running 6 cyl.in Bakersfield for less than $2k.
    It's not as cool as a Chevy, but it's cool because it's not a Chevy.
    Dig the site, been "lurking" for many years.

2. Daglio

Daglio

3. Vet65te

Vet65te

Welcome to the HAMB. Your 56 IH looks pretty solid. Keep us posted on your progress.
    I used to live in Sonoma County for 36 years prior to moving to AZ.
    Mike T - Prescott AZ

Daglio likes this.
  4. Welcome from Minnesota, I'm retired from IH and at one time worked in the Springfield, Ohio plant where your truck was given life, nice truck, good luck on your build.

Daglio likes this.

5. Daglio

Daglio

Thanks guys. Got a few months to get everything together before I start tearing it down, my buddy is finishing up a 51' GMC pick up, then I can bring my truck and "donor" 79' Camaro to his shop. Will start a build thread then, "stay tuned".