Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 38 FORD PICKUP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by texasred, Apr 23, 2015.

1. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Im looking at a 38 ford pickup for next project , it's missing all 4 fenders. the owner is telling me they are the same as 38 car fenders and should not be hard to find, is this right or bs?

2. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

BS.

The front fenders show up on ebay all the time.
    Rears are harder to find. Rear fenders are the same from 38-41 btw.

3. mt shasta steve

mt shasta steve

Too bad you live so far away. I have all four fenders and running boards. They are NOT the same as '38 passenger car. The truck has bullet style head lights, while the passenger car had them molded into the fender. They would look cool on a truck, but you would have to change all the front sheet metal, as the grille is totally different. I can't post pics on HAMB, or I would show you some.

4. No body parts other than the windshield frame and regulator interchange between '38 car and '38 pickup. The '38-'39 truck headlights are the same as '35 car.but the headlight stands are different. Front fenders and running boards, and the fender extensions that go between the fender and the grille on each side are '38-'39 commercial only. Rear fenders and bed are the same '38-'41. '41 tailgate is one year only, interchanges with '38-'40 but '41 gate has no V8 emblem.