Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dash Plaque Addiction.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, Aug 31, 2011.

1. DAVEG2

DAVEG2

I like them. I mount them on 4x4 boards and hang them on the garage wall.

2. I have a bunch of them stuck to my refrigerator/flammables storage container and the side of a rotating model display case in the shop. My favorites are the Rat Fink shows I've attended and the ones from the Nude Car Shows at a clothing optional resort in Union City Michigan. Most fun I ever had striping cars sans clothes.

Model T1 likes this.
  3. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

I've mounted all I've gotten on 4x2 wood panels I made and hang them on the garage wall.
    They add a splash of color to the wall and are a constant reminder of the many events and road trips we have made through the years and the good times we had. For me it's kinda neat to look them over and realize how fortunate I've been to travel with a group of friends all over and share our experiences and the late night BS sessions where the first liar doesn't have a chance.

4. fordor41

fordor41

I've seen someone with a 30's hot rod with the firewall covered with dash plaques

5. I finally found a case to display the tags Dad and I earned running various cars at El Mirage from 1960-63.

Timing Tags 008.JPG

6. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

The side door to my garage is metal (fire requirement) it looked too plain and I had many too plaques on the fridge so they are on the door thanks to double stick and magnet material. Door is almost full now. It amazes me to see how many shows I have been to and helps me to remember the shows.

7. Model T1

Model T1

I can't believe someone would throw away perfectly good dash plaques! At least ten years ago we stopped entering car shows so haven't gotten any more $15-$25 dash plagues. It took 30 years to realize I was paying for a $5.00 small trophy, maybe, and paying for you to look at my car. Sometimes after you paid to look at my car!
    But I must have 100s of older dash plaques. Now and then free shows and cruise ins give out dash paques. We pay to get in shows like Daytona Turkey run which give dash plaques because we get to park inside and it's worth it for other things.
    Some plaques are very nice looking. They all remind me of good times and good people. I even picked up a few out of state where we were only spectators because I like dash plaques and the reminders of the show.
    For awhile I had a few on the dash. Then I layed lots of them in the rear of our station wagon and tailgate. I was noticing some of them seemed to walk off while gone at larger car events so stopped doing it. Others got stuck on and laid in my tool boxes. My beer fridge is way out under a carport next to a small shop building. I stuck some on it too. The back of my metal walk in door was reserved for girlie photos from mostly bike events. When the wrong company or kids were in there I'd leave the door fully opened inward.
    Mostly the dash plaques are now buried in drawers and in boxes waiting for our next move. Maybe I'll stick em up somewhere there.
    I'm a license plate freak. In Illinois I had a 10X40 foot garage wall filled with license. Brought most to Florida and put them on a line along my drive and some on a garage wall.
    Most likely some of the good license plates and dash plaques will end up under the patio roof on the garage where we move. We need memories on Memory Lane where we are moving.
    Always fun to show and tell.

8. I've got mine from '73 on, attached to a board in my shop. Now, what do I do with all the wine glasses and other such stuff from rod runs?/

9. jimcolwell

jimcolwell
    from Amarillo

Refrigerator and file cabinet art?:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)