Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1931 Model A The Harbor Kustom's Coupe, A "Bonneville/Rolling Bones" style build!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HarborKustomSpeedShop, May 5, 2014.

1. Thanks Bob!

Thank you Tman!

Thanks JB, great minds think a like...

JB_roadrage likes this.
  2. dniemi

dniemi

Just found this build after looking at the build for your 53. Beautiful work, love the build and the stance is perfect.

laidout53 likes this.
  3. I'm looking forward to watching the finish of this, keep up the great work.

laidout53 likes this.
  4. Made progress this week on the coupe, got the window garnish moldings chopped down. Finished up the front window filler/garnish moldings and narrowed the panel that goes under the visor (ill get pictures this week). So the chop is now done, except for the front windshield frame. I need a new one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Justin

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
    bengeltiger likes this.
  5. Forgot I drilled the front axle out also. so there's 135 holes in the backing plates and the axle combined...
    [​IMG]

6. Chopped the window frame down (decide to fix it rather than by a new one) and other than mounting the studs and arms for the window the chop is Done! Now back to the hood...

Here's a cool shot I took last night

[​IMG]

Muttley and Outback like this.
  7. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

Awesome! Pic looks great. Love the grill with the speed holes in the bottom.

laidout53 likes this.
  8. Thanks!

9. ...a fellow club member went for the "bones" look on his A sedan; here's a few pics.
    ...your coupe is gonna be outstanding.
    club cruz 10-11-14 067.jpg club cruz 10-11-14 139.jpg club cruz 10-11-14 141.jpg

quickrack-alan likes this.
  10. Well Im back on the hood. This is what I came up with for louvers in the hood, its different than the norm. Man I was nervous to cut holes in the hood that I have so much work into it.

what do you guys think?
    Justin

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  11. mikew

mikew

12. oldman2

oldman2

Being different is what it's all about, and that is so sweeeeeet....Jim

volvobrynk likes this.
  13. Awesome look! Very, very cool.

14. that is different........I like it, great job. Bet you were sweating that one out!

15. Roger53

Roger53

Hi found this build last nite and I keep finding myself taking breaks from the shop to get to the end! Just about like taken the plans from my head now I don't have to wonder if it'd look good you've laided it all out for me! JUST LOOKS GREAT ! Have you picked your color yet? Roger

volvobrynk likes this.
  16. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

I like louvers. From the welds, I'm guessing you fabbed them separately, cut out panel, & spotted them in? Can you show/tell how those louvers were punched & installed?
    Thumbs up! Great so far!

17. Thanks @mikew, @oldman2 , @Speedy Canuck, @vtwhead!!

Thanks @Roger53 , im leaning towards silver body color with black frame and suspension.

Thanks @Bam.inc , the are the louver from the extra hood side I had used to stretch the hood. I just cut and staggered them, to create the look I wanted. heres a couple pictures I took of one in progress.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

volvobrynk, D-Russ and Rich B. like this.
  18. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

The hood looks great!!

19. JB_roadrage

JB_roadrage

Pretty trick slick....

volvobrynk likes this.
  20. Thanks @Jersey Joe 67, and @JB_roadrage

21. Well I got the louvers all welded and hammered out. also got the center hinge welded too, man that hinge has been a pain! now on to getting the gaps right.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Justin

volvobrynk, D-Russ and Rich B. like this.
  22. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Nice job on the louvers.. I like your thinking 'outside the box'...

23. Those louvers are different but they turned out great! HRP

volvobrynk and laidout53 like this.
  24. Thanks @scrap metal 48 and @HOTRODPRIMER

25. Just found this build. Love it! I'm subscribed.

26. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nice work on the hood addition, getting rid of the Coke bottle shaped connection is tough work. Bob

27. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

More! More! Can't wait to see this step by step & finished will be even better!!! This car just looks BADA$$ standing still.

natedeville likes this.
  28. Thanks you @Hivolt5.0

Thanks Bob

Thanks you sir! I cant wait tell its done either. I'll try and get more pictures up this weekend

29. Got the new latch mounts with bumpers installed and the latches themselves on, had to make four mounts to weld onto the frame, of course they needed to have a hole in them. Also relocated the handle to the center of the hood.
    now when I get a radiator I can gap the hood.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Justin

volvobrynk, Outback and hendelec like this.