Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Help ID this driving light

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zoomzoooie, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Zoomzoooie

Zoomzoooie
    from BC Canada

I went to a swap meet this past weekend and picked up a driving light made by Speedlight in Chicago. I don't see any model numbers or any other ID on it. It appears to be on that mounts upside down on a headlight bar. It also has a split reflector which I have never seen before. The bulb appears to be original with a single filament and made of heavy glass with subtle ridges towards the top.

I did a Google search trying to find info on it up came up dry.

I need help to ID this light.
    What year?
    What cars was it used on?
    What's the value?

Attached Files:

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I can't help but I sure like the wings on the bezel! Gary

3. Zoomzoooie

Zoomzoooie
    from BC Canada

They are interesting. I never seen one like this before.
    I'm not sure how it would look on my '38 Chevy pickup. I was considering seeing if I could rotate the reflector 180° and use a bumper bracket. The reflector appears to be held on by a collar and bolt so rotating might be easy.
    If I can find another light made for a bumper bracket at an affordable price I would be open to offers/trades on this one.

That's fantastic! I have no idea how you found that ad so quick, but thanks! It's a nice bit of info.
    ...$96 in one day, I wonder how much they sold for then.

I wonder how many are still out there...

4. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Keep me in mind for the trade / sale, plz. Gary

5. F&J

F&J

I had one with the same 3 latches, same split reflector, but the bowl was black painted steel, and more pointed. Never found a match for a pair, so I sold it

6. Zoomzoooie

Zoomzoooie
    from BC Canada

Will do Gary

I have a feeling it would be hard to find a match to this one too if one wanted to run a pair.
    I have a pair of Appleton Amber lens fog lights I'll be putting on as a pair and wanted a big driving/passing light to complete the look.

7. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Trippe speed lights were nearly always seen on classic or specially built cars. Many styles, some turn with the steering.