Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects attention mopar family: 53 coronet motors , compatibility questions?'s please asap

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by heinous.customs, Apr 20, 2015.

?
  1. 331 with donor car ?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 354?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. shes a classy lady?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. heinous.customs

heinous.customs

ATTENTION MOPAR FAMILY: 53 CORONET MOTORS , COMPATIBILITY QUESTIONS?'S PLEASE ASAP

Preview

Its the graveyard hour and i Just got my new toy home. Cant stop peaking out the window lol but Nothing special. Pics attached for the curious The car came complete except motor, transmission, and drive shaft. Im in need of a motor and trans setup asap!!but I need a hemi!!! I have the chance to purchase several different setups and need your opinion asap for this will be a quick flip in order to save my home!!!!!.

Photos of motor options and donor car will be attached as well!!

1: 1956 SUPER RED "poly" RAM 354/360 cid (COMPLETE DOWN TO TRANS $400
    2: 1951-52 1 choice of 2 complete NEW YORKER DONER CArs both WITH 331 CHRYSLER HEMI FIRE POWER COMPLETE!!!! With drive shaft and rest of car $1150

Not only do I need to know what will be the easiest to drop in and most convenient but also what would be tasteful to the lady her self. I need to do it right! I also need to know what will be less fabrication and if these are compatible with a direct fit!!! Please!!!!!!!!

2. heinous.customs

heinous.customs

3. khead47

khead47

If you really need a Hemi- skip the red ram, unless you have some heads to slap on it!

4. NMCarNut

NMCarNut
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds like Hemi versus Poly is important to you but do not overlook what is probably most important to your Lady and that is the transmission. What does she prefer to drive? The Dodge engine you have pictured is equipped with a Powerflite two speed "full" automatic transmission and the New Yorkers both have Fluid-Matic Drive which in a few words is a semi-automatic transmission that utilizes both a clutch and torque converter. Kind of neat in it's own way since it has 4 forward speeds, but to fully utilize the clutch will have to be used.

5. finn

finn

Get rid of the wheels BEFORE you get a motor!

6. ^^^^^ I'll 2nd that!

7. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

8. 73RR

73RR

Kill one of the duplicate threads........