Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1936 ford 3 window custom... survivor?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nobuckets, Mar 17, 2015.

1. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Are you sure it's a convertible sedan? I see only 2 doors and it seems too short. A cut down tudor perhaps?

2. nobuckets

nobuckets
    from austin, tx

Oh wow Karl, that is incredible. Thank you for posting another clue. This must have influenced my car or vice versa. Is there any indication as to where the car was from? I'll look up the owner and photographer to see if there's any info on them. The hood peak, hood reliefs, grille and frenched headlights are almost spot on! I was planning to add some nerf bars to the front end, it's really interesting to see how these were done.

That's true, now that you mention it. The sedan also has louvers on the hood and mine has no evidence of that. At first, I thought they might have pulled the doghouse off of this car and used it on mine! It's fun to dig into the past on this styling, even if I don't find the exact car, it will help with the rebuild.

3. nobuckets

nobuckets
    from austin, tx

I agree on the '36 fenders and decklid, just about perfect. This '36 was at the round up and I really really dig how they continued the decklid down to follow the body lines.
    I've been following you build - one of the most inspirational on here.

Ken

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. nobuckets

nobuckets
    from austin, tx

5. KKrod

KKrod

Wow. Great find. A whole thread on the car on the hamb. Great.

6. KKrod

KKrod

Any updates nobuckets. Have you been able to find any more history. Sure looks like the original chop may have been prewar socal?

7. Pete

Pete

Whoa

Such a unique car, I really enjoy the oddball cars with mods that you don't really see often, this one fits the bill.